Lost in Space Battle Armor

If you remember the helmets of Ra and the Jaffa guards in the Stargate film "grew" the same way because it was CGI. Later in the TV series they had mechanical versions that only worked so far and didn't look nearly as cool.

Obviously you'll need to make some compromises but the ingenuity of people here on the RPF is never anything less than fabulous.

Phelyx, you are absolutely right. There is only so much you can do by making something CG into real working parts. I think we can get it close, but time will tell.

Last edited:
You could probably get the first 7 panels to work well, but after that the panels change in size (radius) The corner panels are much larger (starting from the chin and going counter clockwise - #8 and #13)

Still Now you made me want to try to model it!

"A million bucks worth of weaponry... And I'd trade it all back... For a lousy... Can of Raid."

Man, I'd like to see your progress on this. My favorite parts of the movie were the Creature Shop's Robots and Bruce Broughton's Musical Score. :love Although I must admit, Don's helmet is pretty cool. And you know what? That shot with the helmet covering his face was made even cooler when Bruce Broughton's score was put to it. :)

I would love to say this is going somewhere, but I can't. I'm currently working on my Cross Punisher prop, so this has been pushed back. Not sure when I will pick it up again. Ideas are still excepted :)

That or aluminum I would think. Nothing too heavy.

I think for something that's going to move like this, you might want to look into having someone cut parts for you from thin sheets of spring steel. Aluminum would look great, but it'll be tough to get it to keep it's shape when it's that thin. It's too soft. As for plastic, I think that's going to wear out really fast. Spring steel would let you have it thin and still have a durable product.

I know this is an old thread, but where'd all the Pics Go?

I saw a thumbnail on Yahoo which lead me here, only to be disappointed...

Please re-upload them :$

I know this is an old thread, but where'd all the Pics Go?

I saw a thumbnail on Yahoo which lead me here, only to be disappointed...

Please re-upload them :$

They were probably uploaded through my photobucket. I cleaned that account a year or so ago.

-The Truth is Out There-

What ever happened to this project? I've been looking to make this for awhile now, finally getting around. Could you re-upload your pictures? Would love to see how your helmet turned out.

What ever happened to this project? I've been looking to make this for awhile now, finally getting around. Could you re-upload your pictures? Would love to see how your helmet turned out.
It didn't lol. I joined the Army and never had time to do any of the projects I wanted to. Now that I'm out I've been catching up, but I forgot about this one completely.

It didn't lol. I joined the Army and never had time to do any of the projects I wanted to. Now that I'm out I've been catching up, but I forgot about this one completely.
hahaha, happy I got my answer 5 years later. Pretty cool you’re catching up, looking forward to seeing if you ever revisit this

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back