Lost Hunters?

UglyMoFo

Having been here for over a year now it suddenly dawned on me that I never asked this question: Why are the Lost Hunters called the Lost Hunters? Are they really lost? I apologize if this has been asked before, and maybe it's supposed to be common knowledge, but I don't know.

-UMF

Well,the rumor of the LOST HUNTERS was that after they filmed Predator 2.......they had "misplaced" some of the costume items and simply threw all the costumes away in a dumpster out back of the studio. I heard if from many different people and from members on the lair here before...........dont know how much truth there is to that though.Hence the Lost Hunters...........sad day.

That about sums it up. The suits were thrown into the trash after filming. Well, with the exception of a few pieces here and there - the pieces on display at Planet Hollywood thanks to a few dumpster divers, for example. That would make me so angry if I worked my ass off on something and it just ends up in the trash heap. I guess that's just part of the business.

I think it's just an unfounded story. I have seen numerous feet, hands, heads, helmets, a backpack, the Roman Guettinger body suit, the Elder's loincloth, amd the Elder suit was given to Joel Silver for his office! If anything was thrown in a dumpster it was swiftly removed.

Should be called The Lost and Found Hunters.

PREDATOR_LOINCLOTH__a.jpg

realsnake.jpg

p2_mask_bio_01.jpg

pred2_leftside.jpg

gorthelm.jpg

norm_4327deaf84d11_Predator_2.jpg

Hands_Feet_Armor.jpg

scpred1.jpg

2003_0064.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
thrown in a dumpster they could have saved them and gave them to pred fans such as ourselves! ;)

Just kidding imagine that though owning an actually costume that was used in the movie

thrown in a dumpster ;) they could have saved them and gave them to pred fans such as ourselves!

Just kidding imagine that though owning an actually costume that was used in the movie

That movie was filmed 20 years ago. Predator costumers basically didn't exist back then.

That movie was filmed 20 years ago. Predator costumers basically didn't exist back then. ;)

ahhh but if they gave some one the ones from the film and you couldn't get any pred costumes at the time it would have been even more special i still cant believe that though throwing parts of the movie costumes in a dumpster

Well, unfounded or not... if it weren't for the "dumpster divers," there wouldn't be any pieces left of that movie - with exception to what was given as gifts and such. Doesn't Arnold Schwarzenegger own the original Predator suit? I have a picture of the P2 suit in someones private collection. I guess it's all in who you know. Then again, that movie was made a long-ass time ago as Andy stated. The life of foam latex is very, very short. A member here owns the P2 stunt mask, and it's in really, REALLY good condition because it was kept out of the sun.

Thanks for posting those pics, too!! Great paint reference.

AH HAH!!! I knew it! In the pic with all that stuff on the table, you can see the Boars gauntlets. Both computer gauntlets, but one is missing the computer top. I am such a dork! w00t.

Rob your the UBER dork buddy ;)

nice collection of pics PREDIAN, got any more?

i kinda like the DUMSTER theory as alot of the suits are missing ( apparently ) it just adds to the history of the LOST hunters i guess

yeah I would have dived in a dumpster for sure for pred costume items outta my way hobo nuha ahhhhhh LOL
so that's the story of the lost hunters I thought it was cause the elder gave danny glovers character that old gun that they
were lost on earth for ages LOL its so obvious now should have thought about it more thanks for sharing ;)

I keep my ear close to the ground and soak up any news of Predator props surfacing. Various items have appeared in Profiles in History auctions like the extending spear and Gary Busey's freezegun, a few were in Bonhams and Christies, one lot contained King Willy's bag of bones, a gang member's necklace and a spear end used in the trophy cabinet - all of those got sold on through Propstore on London. There was also a P2 helmet and cutting disc, those auction catalogs are from around'98-2002 so they are expensive to find just to see the pictures.
Anyone who saw the dreads and pieces on ebay a month ago will be interested to know that those were the collector's odd pieces and spares, he told me he is planning to sell King Willy's head and a P2 electronic gauntlet in a future Profiles auction for big bucks. His collection has been stored away in boxes for the past 20 years and he couldn't remember a lot of what he has! I believe he is the same collector who told me he has a full P1 costume, P2 backpack with radio controlled cannon and light up cutting disc.
Personally, I doubt very much got thrown away from many sci-fi films since the '70s. It all turns up eventually. Rob, what is the P2 suit picture you have? Larry shared one with me of a full P2 in a window display.
predprotoxfx.jpg

PREDATOR_2_HERO_HANDS_4_000.jpg

PREDATOR_2_STUNT__3_000.jpg

pred2_freezegun1.jpg

pred2_willyknife1.jpg

PREDATOR_SCREEN_USED_MOVIE_PROP_COSTUME_ALIEN__b.jpg

SCREEN_USED_PREDATOR_COD_ARMOUR_a.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The P1 does belong to Arnold..a gift from Stan ..got that info right from the mans mouth ..Stan that is. Cool pic of the concept pred head ...so glad they didnt go with that design

well, i wouldn't have dived into the dumster.

i'd've wheeled it home ;-)

seriously tho, the cost of making a suit, even a background one...and they hoyed them out..? :-/

How freaking cool would it be to have a screen used suit piece?! Be it a hand, dread, dread ring, tooth...it would be so cool knowing you had a piece of the movie right in your very own hands.

Instead most screen used stuff end up behind a sealed glass display case, or in some rich dudes storage locker and then sold years later for a fortune.

I'm curious if there is anyone here on the Lair that has any screen used Predator stuff? Larry? Curious...

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back