Lord Vader Revealed Prosthetic

Discussion in 'Star Wars Costumes and Props' started by wolfsbane, Nov 11, 2011.

1. wolfsbane

wolfsbane New Member

I molded, sculpted, applied and did this foam latex appliance on my dad a little while ago and I am trying to get feedback from none bias people. I am always looking to improve my work so any thoughts or criticize is welcome. Thanks
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Qui-Gonzalez and Atlanthia like this.
  2. Doh2

Doh2 Sr Member

The paint could maybe be a little darker but the scars themselves came out great. Very natural looking the way they blend into the skin.

3. Robert412

Robert412 Well-Known Member

Looks great! Your dads a sport!

4. trooper1m

trooper1m Active Member

Thats really really cool

5. darthwhitey

darthwhitey Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

wow, that really came out great!

my first impression would be that it could be darker in spots, some blues or purples thrown in there...of course this is coming from my head without any research of what he ACTUALLY looked like.:lol....I'm sure you did your homework

the prosthetics themselves looks amazing...great work!!

6. Onlyalad19

Onlyalad19 Active Member

Looks great, just a little darker perhaps. What I really want to know is where did you get that amazing costume?

7. poopymcbutthole

poopymcbutthole Sr Member

fantastic job this is really cool

8. mrbungle

mrbungle Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

i think you did a wonderful job on the prosthectics, the paint looks really good, my only thing is the flesh would be alittle paler. in the film vader seems really pale. no sunlight for years.

but over all, looks freaking great.

9. Lucien Kane

Lucien Kane Well-Known Member

Man I can't imagine the looks on people's faces if you were to wear this with the helmet, and then take it off. People's minds would blow. The scars could be darker, and the skin needs to be pale white. I am rather highly impressed!

10. wolfsbane

wolfsbane New Member

Thanks all. I did think that the skin needed to be paler also. The reactions of people where insane lol everything from being freaked out to jaw dropping reactions. The costume is my dads and he has been building it for yrs trying to perfect it. Thanks again for the compliments and criticism.

11. Hyperballistik

Hyperballistik Member

You have some talent there, I think it looks reallly great, I do agree with everybody that the skin should be a bit paler but it still looks great the way it is in the pics

12. Utherpend

Utherpend Active Member

Not to mention your father looks the part and either shaved his head or the skull cap is done well.

Great work and a unique twist to the costume effect. Hope I get to see him at an upcomming Con or Event.

13. glarks

glarks New Member

I think just a bit darker around the eyes. Fantastic job though. How long did it take to apply.

14. Qui-Gonzalez

Qui-Gonzalez Master Member

This is just amazingly cool. As others have said, more palor, some darker tones to the scarring. Perhaps add in some veins, a little purple with a fine brush. Other than that, I have nothing but good to say about this! Reps for you, good sir!

15. wolfsbane

wolfsbane New Member

The makeup itself took like 3-4 hrs and as far as how long it took to mold his head, sculpt and mold the piece, etc......I have no idea lol. However as anyone in these forums can say it was all worth it! :) Thanks again to all for compliments. I am also wondering if there would be any interest in these prosthetic pieces if i were to do a run of them in foam latex....? Just trying to see if its worth having my molds shipped from home lol

16. fettster

fettster Sr Member

The application looks great, my only critique is the colouring. Did you seal the make up before painting as it looks like the foam pieces are a different colour to the skin.? I alway like to "prime" my application with a good sealer before painting as then all the paint goes on the same.

Also, flicking on the colour gives a real natural looking result and helps break up the edges

17. glarks

glarks New Member

Did you make the reveal helmet.

18. wolfsbane

wolfsbane New Member

I did not make the helmet that is all my dads

19. cayman shen

cayman shen Master Member

It looks great. My only question is about the * in the third picture.

I kid, I kid, nice work! :lol

20. wolfsbane

wolfsbane New Member

Lol I know it does look like a not so pleasant * but i thought that was just my perverted mind running away with me lol ;)

21. Dave Ward

Dave Ward Sr Member

Great work!

22. Elastacurl

Elastacurl New Member

Can I just say... wow!

23. wolfsbane

wolfsbane New Member

24. GiovanniDekkers

GiovanniDekkers Active Member

My impression is that it lacks rinkles around the eyes, which makes the area look artificial, the skin i think it should look pale white with some grey tints, but apart from that great job, nothing wrong with it.

Well done!

25. vetteboy1982

vetteboy1982 Member

Great Job ! It looks awesome, and the color doesn't nessesarilly have to be paler. Everyone keeps saying from years of no sun, well that may be the case as in Return Of The Jedi, but perhaps you were going for a younger Anikin that hasn't been in there quite so long .In the first years after The Revenge Of The Sith, Anikin would have had plenty of color, in fact the wounds would have been very colorful and his eyes were not sunken and grey as in later years. At any rate, it was a fantastic job, and you should be proud ! I always wanted someone to make a wearable mask of Anikin to go under the reveal mask/helmet....less hassle than a prostetic IMO.

26. Ghost Host

Ghost Host Sr Member

Nice work. Frankly I like it better than the ROTJ makeup. But the criss-crossy fold lines on the woochie cap are a little distracting. Perhaps stippling a bit of texture over those areas would tone that down.