Looper: Other Props and Wardrobe

Regarding the leather jackets worn by Bruce Willis and JGL. JGL's jacket was custom made by Jonathan A. Logan. And the one worn by Bruce Willis is a Hugo Boss jacket. I don't recommend using that link that goes to a replica on Movieleatherjackets, they're one of many sites known for making crap "leather" jackets, if you're going to order from them you might as well burn your money and flush it down the toilet and save yourself the shipping cost.

Last edited:
Any word on the grey pants that Young Joe wears when he's rocking the Carhartt jacket? Would any similar looking grey pants work okay?

I got mine from a local k-mart for pretty cheap. The brand is...well I actually can't find the brand. But here's a pic.

IMG_0587_zpsaeccf957.jpg

Also...

Does anyone have dimensions for the silver/gold bricks? I'm looking to make a few gold bricks for a short film I'm writing.

Thanks!

I, too, am looking for a scan of the currency used in the movie. I know they show it maybe twice...I am almost 100% sure they use the 100 yuan as the base...but as far as the looper detials go, I'm not sure. I'm going to try and throw something together in photoshop this evening and see what happens...no promises lol.

Watched Looper, dug Young Joe's work jacket, read all the posts here, then went and bought the thing.

Members have said it doesn't fit normally. I've found this is quite true, so I registered to try to help anyone ordering one blind on Amazon.

Here's the prop:

Looper_1.jpg

Now, I am probably Joseph Gordon-Levitt's height, but I'd set my weight at about 1.5 JG-Ls. I tried a medium, and while the cut looked similar to how he wears it, it was simply ridiculous when I would move at all (the waist would ride way up). Felt rather tight in the shoulders, as well. So, I tried a large. Again, felt right in all places but the waist. Narrow around and still rode a bit high. I grabbed an XL, and this solved the waist issues, but now it feels a bit big in the chest and the arms are a bit long.

Here's the thing: if you're going for cosplay, get it a size smaller than you would a normal jacket. But, if you're wearing it every day, get your typical size.

That being said, the jacket I bought off the rack ($79) looks exactly like the prop (or will, once I cut off the Carhartt logo). It's warm, feels comfortable (if a bit stiff; needs to be broken in), and will last me several years. I know most guys here are looking for a screen-perfect image, but honestly, get it in your normal size and look badass EVERY day.

My measurements, for reference:

Height: 5'10"
Weight: 220 lbs
Coat size: 44R
Overarm: 53"
Chest: 43"
Waist: 37"
Hip: 43"
Sleeve: 35"

Arms outstretched in front of me, the sleeves end at mid-wrist. At my sides, they come to mid-thumb. Pulling the jacket away from my waist, and there's about 8 inches of room. Comfortable, but not screen correct. If I wanted to pull off Young Joe, with my measurements, I'd go with a large, for sure.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back