Looney Tunes Style Ray Gun

JamesTalon

Hi
I'm new to the forums but thought people might like to see this ACME Warner Brothers style Ray Gun I just made. I made it from scratch for a Climate Change charity auction. I've not done anything like this before but I think it turned out ok.

Its called the PU37 Explosive Climate Disintegrator

Enjoy...

Last edited:
That is great and has inspired me to think again about making a ray gun. You should be very proud of it!!

Incredible! Only thing that doesn't agree with me is the body is square and flat, when that era it was all about the curves and the chrome fenders. But personal taste. It is a work of art and I really love the blueprint on the box; really captures the style. I just saw you even made an incredible serial number plate! This is magnificent. how can this be your first time?! I have a ray gun kit upstairs that you make me want to start on. Is it all metal? The chip weathering's too good to be rub n buff.

Incredible! Only thing that doesn't agree with me is the body is square and flat, when that era it was all about the curves and the chrome fenders. But personal taste. It is a work of art and I really love the blueprint on the box; really captures the style. I just saw you even made an incredible serial number plate! This is magnificent. how can this be your first time?! I have a ray gun kit upstairs that you make me want to start on. Is it all metal? The chip weathering's too good to be rub n buff.

Its wood and plastic, sprayed with metal paint then used toothpaste for areas of chip weathering, then sprayed yellow then pick off the toothpaste. All the chrome is polished aluminium.

Fantastic both in concept and build. Love the display. Knocked it out of the park. Totally agree about the square lines being a hallmark of the Looney Tunes aesthetic. Makes me want to build one.

Amazing work! Love the attention to detail! The weathering is on point! The extra mile you went for the box, and presentation makes it all worth it! The box is truly it's own work of art by itself! I bet it raises some good money for charity! Great build, for a great cause! Well done!

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back