Want to Buy Looking to Hire Someone to Build From a Kit

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

WilsonFrontier

I'm looking to hire someone to build a specific prop replica from a kit that I have. The prop in question is a Star Trek (Original Series) Phaser Rifle. There is a bit of a hitch though; the kit I've got is Fiberglass - and I need a single Resin piece from another kit of the same item incorporated. Why? Because the particular resin piece, which is already sanded/painted, had already been autographed by William Shatner (Captain Kirk) and Leonard Nimoy (Spock).

Long story short, I had bought a kit + the services of a prop maker years ago and it never got done. I was able to get the one piece finished in time for a convention and having it signed, but the kit never got put together and all I have of it is the key piece. So I've recently bought this new kit, the fiberglass one, and... I'm looking to have it all put together now finally. Presuming it won't be some sort of massive deal-breaker nightmare to incorporate a single resin piece into a fiberglass kit?

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

WilsonFrontier

Not sure if this will show up since I'm new, but here is a photo of the kit...

$_57.JPG

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/NzY4WDEwMjQ=/z/kxoAAOSw0vBUjJqD/$_57.JPG?rt=nc

WilsonFrontier

Related to this, if anyone knows where I can acquire the lighting and/or sound kit for this type of prop... let me know! My research is showing such isn't really available, but you all know much more on this stuff.

jonpaul0151

I build these all the time. I make all the electronic sound and lighting effects, including working laser system, to the customer request. Check out my member profile photo's to see a finished build. My shop has the equipment to make it the way you want it and I have the references that YOU can call so you know the work is A+++. Ron Shanko is a friend and I recently helped him make some new master mold forms for the view-port eye-cup. All my work goes thru PayPal to protect Buyer and Seller. Most important; time and payments are specified and I do not miss deadlines, ever, no excuses. Call me 941.928.8128 Jon-Paul