Looking for TOS braid

OB10

Sr Member
I'm involved with a group that will have around 20 classic Trek uniforms done by July. Where is a good place to get the braid? I know Roddenberry.com has it, and I see it's available on ebay. But this is a whole buncha braid that we need......

Obi-Bob

Go to Ebay and type in TOS braid. That should pull up Katarra's stuff. She sells it on ebay or through her mail order catalog. Try the contact member feature and ask her about quantity. I got mine from her. Great stuff. She should be able to work out a deal.

<div class='quotetop'>(OB10 @ May 16 2006, 05:01 AM) [snapback]1244949[/snapback]</div>
I'm involved with a group that will have around 20 classic Trek uniforms done by July. Where is a good place to get the braid? I know Roddenberry.com has it, and I see it's available on ebay. But this is a whole buncha braid that we need......

Obi-Bob
[/b]

Thad, Do you have a contact for her? Or what is her ebay member name?

I didn't see any listed besides "Captain America's".

Interesting. But he didn't do it right.

braid_exmpl3.jpg

vs

braid_kirk_TSOP.jpg

Note the negative spaces between the "loops" of wind-around braid. The negative space "diamonds" are the same size as the dashes.

Also the part that "winds around" in the screenused braid, varies in width. It's fat where it's in front and thin where it loops under. In fact I'm not sure if it's actually "looped around" or if it's a series of discrete "S" shapes planted on TOP of the straight band.

BTW that webpage seems to belong to a user called "Samuelpeeples".... could this be "Samuel A. Peeples" who wrote the second pilot, "Where No Man Has Gone Before", a couple of Animated episodes, and worked on the story for "Star Trek II"? :confused

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0670268/

- k

I would strongly advise dealing with [banned member]. He is always called out for not delivering and is in fact banned from this Board.

Just a friendly tip charlie, but it is against The COC here to be plugging people who have been banned here for extremly poor business practices.

OK as it turns out, that braid described on the how-to page on the Samuel Peeples site...

....is actually "Motion Picture" braid, not TOS braid.

braid_exmpl3.jpg

TMP_rankbraid.jpg

TMP_iliabraid.jpg

- k

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back