Looking for TOS braid

Discussion in 'Replica Props' started by OB10, May 15, 2006.

1. OB10

OB10 Sr Member

I'm involved with a group that will have around 20 classic Trek uniforms done by July. Where is a good place to get the braid? I know Roddenberry.com has it, and I see it's available on ebay. But this is a whole buncha braid that we need......

Obi-Bob

2. NakedMoleRat

NakedMoleRat Sr Member

Go to Ebay and type in TOS braid. That should pull up Katarra's stuff. She sells it on ebay or through her mail order catalog. Try the contact member feature and ask her about quantity. I got mine from her. Great stuff. She should be able to work out a deal.

<div class='quotetop'>(OB10 @ May 16 2006, 05:01 AM) [snapback]1244949[/snapback]</div>

3. Sporak

Sporak Sr Member Gone but not forgotten.

Thad, Do you have a contact for her? Or what is her ebay member name?

I didn't see any listed besides "Captain America's".

4. gunnerk19

gunnerk19 Master Member

Type in "Katarra8" under eBay stores and that'll bring up everything she's got...

5. boatbuilder1

boatbuilder1 Well-Known Member

6. OB10

OB10 Sr Member

Wow. Thanks, guys. I'll have to check into these. I've bought things from Katarra before, and really liked what I've gotten. Our costumer already had this link for the "make your own braid" crowd:
    http://members.aol.com/samuelpeeples/trekbraid.html

Obi-Bob

7. phase pistol

phase pistol Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Interesting. But he didn't do it right.

[​IMG]

vs

[​IMG]

Note the negative spaces between the "loops" of wind-around braid. The negative space "diamonds" are the same size as the dashes.

Also the part that "winds around" in the screenused braid, varies in width. It's fat where it's in front and thin where it loops under. In fact I'm not sure if it's actually "looped around" or if it's a series of discrete "S" shapes planted on TOP of the straight band.

BTW that webpage seems to belong to a user called "Samuelpeeples".... could this be "Samuel A. Peeples" who wrote the second pilot, "Where No Man Has Gone Before", a couple of Animated episodes, and worked on the story for "Star Trek II"? :confused

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0670268/

- k

8. Apollo

Apollo Legendary Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I would strongly advise dealing with [banned member]. He is always called out for not delivering and is in fact banned from this Board.

Just a friendly tip charlie, but it is against The COC here to be plugging people who have been banned here for extremly poor business practices.

9. phase pistol

phase pistol Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

OK as it turns out, that braid described on the how-to page on the Samuel Peeples site...

....is actually "Motion Picture" braid, not TOS braid.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

- k

10. Treadwell

Treadwell Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Oh, I misread the link. :$

Removing the references to the banned member. Thanks, apollo.