Looking for thoughts on this T-800 Endoskull - "Metal Fire Inferno Skull"

eifion

Sr Member
I'm currently looking to buy a 1:1 scale T2 Endoskull, something I've wanted for a very long time. Options are limited, but the Sideshow and HCG versions do still come up on ebay.

Whilst researching the subject, I came across this. They are replicating the Endo from the T2 opening credits that emerges through the flames, which had metal teeth.

To a layman like myself, this version does look very well done. I'm probably wrong but it seems its origins lie in the M1 vinyl version. General shape, the cast teeth etc. The eye rollers look too big to me and the ball joints at the base of the skull don't look right but overall it looks fantastic and all metal. :cool:

The price is more than I want to spend, though the Sideshow Clean version goes for about the same on ebay now :eek: I'l probably get the SS Combat version and clean it up but thoughts and advice from more knowledgeable people would be appreciated.

Thanks

Last edited:

Johnnyb

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
1E57C0A4-1974-4134-8512-9F9BFDDD08B2.jpeg
I have this one, it’s fantastic, it’s based on the original Bronze metal prop that was made by Stan Winston Studios, for use during filming of the fire inferno opening sequence of the Movie.
I love it and weighs a hefty 14 lbs.

eifion

Sr Member
It really looks fantastic! Very little info or reviews, or anything really out there about it though.

Could you possible provide dimensions of it? Their site lists it as 140mm x 180mm x 230mm (assuming the face is 23cm tall and 14cm wide) which seems a tad small. Love that it weighs so much though :cool:

Last edited:

Johnnyb

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I’ll measure later when I’m back home. The only cheap part was the display case, it’s a little flimsy so I got another one made that better reflects the premium replica that it is. But it is a real centerpiece of any collection and I’m very happy with it but I’m no Endoskull expert so couldn’t comment on its size accuracy.

People are usually shocked by the weight when they handle it.

eifion

Sr Member
He talked about it here? Can you post a link? I can't find anything via search. I'm definitely interested in one but I want to do my homework first.

Johnnyb

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
It really looks fantastic! Very little info or reviews, or anything really out there about it though.

Could you possible provide dimensions of it? Their site lists it as 140mm x 180mm x 230mm (assuming the face is 23cm tall and 14cm wide) which seems a tad small. Love that it weighs so much though :cool:

Yeah, it’s roughly 180mm high, 230mm from front to back and about 140mm wide.

Johnnyb

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
It was Aaron of Future Tech Collectible's who sold this one to me and he’s great to deal with, he even got mine signed by Robert Patrick and didn’t charge anything extra which was a nice bonus.
75A58B04-4D90-44CB-8E7D-0FF5C5A02ECB.jpeg

eifion

Sr Member
Thanks for the info, appreciate it (y) Is it only 18cm from bottom of the chin to the top of the head though, surely that is the 23cm measurement?

Thanks for the link. I haven't been a regular here for quite a while so missed a lot of cool new stuff posted here.

Johnnyb

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Thanks for the info, appreciate it (y) Is it only 18cm from bottom of the chin to the top of the head though, surely that is the 23cm measurement?

Yep, 18cm height, the 23cm is definitely front to back of the skull.

eifion

Sr Member
Ok thanks. The thread linked above mentions that a M1 Thai recast was the basis. These are known to be small. Still it's a spectacular looking piece.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.