looking for the rubber/leather used on mace windus saber

Discussion in 'Star Wars Costumes and Props' started by scorpion wins, Jul 26, 2015.

1. scorpion wins

scorpion wins Member

2. Anakin Starkiller

Anakin Starkiller Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

There's an australian guy on e-bay that from time to time sells castings of some ep2 and ep3 stuff. I think he has moulds for the original rubber material.

3. thd9791

thd9791 Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

He does have molds but be careful of that guy. Bentley O'Toole walked me through an entire process of setting me up with a prop. Couldn't upload pictures, and I usually had to bug the crap out of him to get an email within a month. Eventually he just kept giving me the "few more weeks" thing every few weeks and then dropped off the face of the earth. I'm very glad I didn't give him a deposit or he would have scammed me.

this was over the course of 4-5 months if I remember correctly.

4. scorpion wins

scorpion wins Member

so is he a scammer or just takes his time? does anyone have a link to him on ebay i can find anyone by that name

5. thd9791

thd9791 Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

If you take your time, and stay in contact, and give timeframes (even if they change, which is to be expected) then I would say it's a trustworthy situation. This was quite the opposite - I had to haggle for basic information and prompt him for updates (which he still never gave, he mostly gave very ambiguous answers)

i don't remember his eBay handle, sorry.

Im curious, does anyone know if this material was custom made for Ep 3?

6. scorpion wins

scorpion wins Member

does anyone have any? maby from a damaged or broke mace hilt i could buy?

7. scorpion wins

scorpion wins Member

well what do you know i have found some spare from a damaged master replicas mace windu saber for sale on ebay, cost $10
    :)

8. Halliwax

Halliwax Legendary Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

talk about luck

9. scorpion wins

scorpion wins Member