looking for the REAL Jayne hat

OutlawCrix

Hey everyone.
I am the CO of The 'Verse a firefly/serenity costume club.
I am looking the MOST accurate Jayne hat out there.
I have found a few I really like and I think are super close to the real thing..
but being a costume club, I am looking for accuracy.

I am trying to find the person who won the real thing in a Charity auction a few years ago.
I am hoping that they might help with identifying the colors used.
I have talked to Shawna Trpcic(firefly costume designer) and she said that the "ears" are NOT red. when you look for the hats on Ebay or etsy, you find majority of them use red. She said she doesn't remember the color #s, just that they were oranges and a mustard yellow.

Anyone know who has the real thing?

As I understand it, there were two. A friend in Dublin has/had one of them. I've sent him mail asking if he still has it and if he has pictures he can share.

As I understand it, there were two. A friend in Dublin has/had one of them. I've sent him mail asking if he still has it and if he has pictures he can share.

Howdy

I am the Friend that jo2y is referring to , I did indeed win the Hat in a charity Auction :D

Here are some Photos of the Hat by its self and myself wearing it .

944deb09.jpg

5918c841.jpg

screenshot_2012-01-27_0921.png

If you need any more pictures , just let me know.

Hi All

I looked for one of these ages ago and also found most used quite clearly the wrong colours stitch size then found this site Wear With Style! and after doing some checking found she did the best colour match I had seen. None of the colours are what you would call bright and the ear flaps are defiantly not red, plus she got the larger stitches just right along with most of the edge detail.

Not saying it is perfect but haven't seen anything yet that's fan made I would say looks better.

:)

Ps, while slightly off topic, (sorry) I thought I would share a pic of my grenade, which is not seen close up in the film, but shown well on the deleted scenes on the dvd.

gren-closed.jpg

gren-open.jpg

:)

Cool pics all around. Thanks to everyone who shared.

Don Jarr. In post #4 you mentioned a woman who sells replicas. I've written to her several times but have heard nothing back. Do you or anyone else here know if she is still making Jayne hats? Wear With Style!

Thanks,

Ted.

Cool pics all around. Thanks to everyone who shared.

Don Jarr. In post #4 you mentioned a woman who sells replicas. I've written to her several times but have heard nothing back. Do you or anyone else here know if she is still making Jayne hats? Wear With Style!

Thanks,

Ted.

I have talked to her. She does make the hats, but not a lot anymore. She has been doing for about 8 something years, and has moved on to other things.
She said she limits how many she makes..but does make them..I dont know what her limit is..
I'd say keep trying, don't bug her too much and ask nicely.

we have a discussion going on here about the hats...

"The 'Verse" a Firefly/serenity costume club - Login
Wear with style" is my favorite so far, but there are few others looking pretty good too.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back