Looking for the IM Mk III CGI File for Personal Reference

WarPig

Sr Member
Mods - please move this to a different forum if it shouldn't be here.

Ok, I know this is a rather tacky way to do things, but it's also the most direct. I've hinted around at it before, but I guess the best thing to do is come straight out and ask:

I know that there are copies of the complete Iron Man Mk III armor cgi/3D file. I also know that sale or distribution of things like this can get someone in a world of hurt. However, in this hobby (as in many others), there is a big gray area. Often times things are given away if the recipient is willing to cover the cost of the media, shipping and time spent by the giver. So while I'm not asking anyone to sell this data, I'm asking if anyone would be agreeable to sharing a copy. I certainly don't intend to start making suits or helmets to sell, or animations, or anything other than use it as a definitive reference guide for myself.

Yes, I am making my own costume - which is what the reference will be used for. Yes, I am pretty obsessed with this "suit" - the hypothesized mechanical workings of it fascinate me!

I have licensed copies of 3d Max and Maya (as well as other 3D applications); I also have a reasonably powerful computer (and will be upgrading this year to an even more powerful machine), so I'm confident I'd be able to work with the file.

Can anyone help me out? PM me or drop me an e-mail: WarPig@cyberpigstudio.com.

Thanks!

It's hard to see anyone let those go. As the money that potentially can be made when in someone's hands.

you're best bet it to just use references that are already out there. There are some great pics on google.

I have compiled a ton of hero suit pics. My suit won't be close to hero accuracy, but they're nice to have to get somewhat of a decent representation of the mark III.

It's hard to see anyone let those go. As the money that potentially can be made when in someone's hands.

you're best bet it to just use references that are already out there. There are some great pics on google.

I have compiled a ton of hero suit pics. My suit won't be close to hero accuracy, but they're nice to have to get somewhat of a decent representation of the mark III.

Yeah, I know - but the stuff I'm interested in is either shown on-screen for an incredibly short amount of time, or not shown at all: should joint bearings and hydraulics, etc.

I have some really good pictures of the "autopsy suit" (thanks, Randy!!!), and that just hints at all the cool internal mechanisms.

As I said before, I'm not looking to make money, and I certainly couldn't share (I won't say if I get a copy, even!), FWIW.

So, I'll keep hoping :)

WarPig, did you end up finding the CGI files for this? I've got a 3D printer and am looking to print this up as well. Any help would be most appreciated.

Thanks!
Zumpoof

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back