Looking for Qui-Gon lightsaber reference picture

Anakin Starkiller

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hey guys,

I used to have a bunch of great Qui-Gon reference pictures from back when the saber went on tour. It has a rusted emitter and a bunch of chips in the resin. Is this ringing any bells?

Anyways, somewhere in 3 hard drive crashes, I lost them. Can anyone help me in tracking them down again?

Thanks

Dan

I have a flash drive full of reference but it's at my office. I'll check through it tomorrow morning.

Thanks for these. So, this prop is one of the fighting stunts that LN used. It's all resin. But, the original heroe was half resin and half aluminum. It did have a an aluminum sleeve, as well as an aluminum emitter ring. It also had a steel washer in the emitter, that by the time the saber went on tour had completely rusted over.

Yep, okay I see the threaded rod now. That's fascinating to say the least.

This prop I WOULD like to see too :D

It looks nothing like an OT saber, I know! I still have the plastic toy I used to throw around my house, so I have a weird attachment to this prop. That's right. I'm 23 and when I was 10-12 this movie came out I think...

How bout these:

qui1.jpgqui2.jpgqui3.jpgqui4.jpgqui5.jpgqui6.jpgqui8.jpgqui9.jpg

qui gon jinn noir .png

here is what I made.

If you need a qui sleeve, please check on ebay, one guy is actually selling some of them, if you make a resin core for his sleeve, I will be interested in, because I already have one, planning to machine a delrin core once I will get the stuff to do it.

I'm making one for myself. Not planning a run though. Don't think there's too much interest in the QUi-Gon saber

Sorry for necro-posting, but I'm curious if you ever got around to making one of these. I know you're workin on the Luke V2 now, but FWIW I would 100% buy one of these sabers from you if you ever did offer them. The rather matte/satin finish on the MR's sleeve and emitter bugs me, and Qui-Gon is my favorite PT character, so this is a saber I would definitely like to upgrade one day. (I have the MR LE version.)

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back