Looking for Prop display columns, any suggestions?

streetjudge79

Master Member
I used to buy those plaster columns at Michaels art store, but they no longer carry them. Does anyone know where to find them at a decent price ? Or any other suggestions for display stands.. Basically I want to display my studio scale starships on them. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Steve

They don't sell them anymore??? hmmmm.... I know I've seen the shorter versions at Walmart.... Have you tried the plant/garden section of Home Depot, or similiar places???

Yeah home depot does not carry them at all, neither does Pier one or bed bath and beyond. I'm screwed. Michaels was the only place around that had them, 30 bucks a pop too.

Originally posted by streetjudge79@Jan 10 2006, 10:09 PM
Yeah home depot does not carry them at all, neither does Pier one or bed bath and beyond. I'm screwed. Michaels was the only place around that had them, 30 bucks a pop too.
[snapback]1155827[/snapback]​

I had made a low cost version out of a length of Sonotube and plywood.....then painted it gloss black....

I was just in Hobby Lobby yesterday, looking for pedastals. They do indeed have those columns you're speaking of.

Any good suggestions where to find nice pedastals? 12" diameter, preferably between 24" and 36" tall. Preferably under $40 each (I need to get a few).

They may be a seasonal item at Michael's.
I usually see them in spring an summer times.

Also in the summer time Target gets the plastic ones that look like stone.

D6

Michaels totally discontinued them, they weren't seasonal. They had them year round, they kept breaking in shipping so they decided to not carry them any more.
I don't have any hobby lobbys here in Florida that I know of, but I'll try Wal mart and Marshalls, thanks guys.

If the columns are made of plaster anyway... Does it count as recasting if you make copies for your own use? :)

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back