Want to Buy Looking for help on custom Lightsaber

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

KLLoader87

Hello!

I am new to the RPF and was hoping someone could help me with a custom saber commission, or at least any good tips and insight as to how I could go about building a custom lightsaber. My company and some of my friends are shooting a Star Wars fan film in about 3 months. One of the key components to this is the main characters lightsaber. And that main character is, unfortunately, me. Ha! Because of this, I wanted to make my dream lightsaber for the film and my own personal collection. This project has afforded me the opportunity to do so, but of course... I don't know where to begin. I am a filmmaker, and while I do build some models and do some cosplay from time to time, I have never taken on something like this before. Machining or Electrical. So that is why I am here, asking for your awesome help.

I have placed a link below (hopefully!) to a really quick and rough basic outline of the saber. Apologies for it's quality! It's not the most intricate in the world, but it's a blend of classic design and elegance. A saber made for dueling! I have gone to the Custom Saber Shop, and while I found things kinda close in some areas, I just felt I couldn't do the saber justice with what they offered. There are a few custom saber places I have contacted, but most seem to be not taking custom sabers right now, or ended up being too expensive. I have a budget of about $700.

As far as features go, it needs no sound just a nice 12 watt blue LED. I love the arctic blue from other saber shops, but anything close will do. An AV switch with matching color to add some nice slick style to it. And a light weathering job to make it feel lived in (though I have weathered many props before, so this could be something I can achieve on my end). It will be used for choreographed fighting between me and my friends, so it needs to be able to take beating as well.

Please feel free to contact me or message me if your interested in helping me out on building my first lightsaber! I am both REALLY EXCITED and ABSOLUTELY TERRIFIED at what I agreed too. Thank you all so much for your time! I really appreciate it!

Last edited by a moderator:

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

lgtsbr

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I know you said you already looked at Custom Saber Shop but their parts may be a good base that can be modified. Try contacting Obi Shane over on IRA, he might be able to modify the parts slightly to get you what you are after. I'm not sure if he is taking any new orders at the moment but it is worth a try.

Dave

BobasBounty

Hey and welcome. I have listed a few lightsaber parts for sale in the junkyard. There may be a few parts that will help with your lightsaber. Go check it out. PM me and we can make a deal if you like.

Andy

KLLoader87

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the ideas and info! If I decide to take most of the project on myself, then I'll look into custom saber shop again and see what I can do with what they offer. It's mostly the thin neck and electrics that I'm more worried about I guess. Thanks again for the help!

- Kevin

- - - Updated - - -

Hi Andy,

I'll take a look and see what I can find. Thanks for the heads up!

- Kevin