Looking for Hawkeye's trick arrows

damon5973

I am looking for a quiver of arrows to display. does anyone make hawkeyes arrows? I did a search but could nto find any decent shots. I just took a summer job as an archery instructor at a camp and thought it would be neat to have them.

Green Arrows are fine also.....

i havent seen em made, but the schematics for the quivers on both heroes show that each arrow has a certain place in the quiver.

dunno if that helps or not, but also they tended to be just generic looking "round" golfball looking attachments on the arrows for the most part. cept ollies boxing glove arrow :D

the new JLU green arrow has a weird lil pipe looking attachment that splits apart and releases the "trick" part of the arrow. not sure if you want to go the comic or the tv show route.

chris

Originally posted by damon5973@Mar 2 2006, 09:41 PM
I am looking for a quiver of arrows to display.  does anyone make hawkeyes arrows?  I did a search but could nto find any decent shots.  I just took a summer job as an archery instructor at a camp and thought it would be neat to have them.

Green Arrows are fine also.....
[snapback]1197685[/snapback]​

I've had some on the back burner for a while now.
Also working on a boxing glove arrow for Green Arrow.

Just something I'm messing with though.

David

Last year Marvel Legends made a pretty cool Hawkeye figure with about 5 or six arrows. All different with pretty neat 'stuff' on the ends of them. If you can find that figure...

Cool, I dont collect the ML but a friend does, I will have to go over and take some pics.

I know of the generic capsule one, maybe to modify it so that it pops open with a net or a glowing gem?

I've had some Green Arrow arrows in the works for a while as well. My idea was to use 1/2" CPVC tubing, connectors and caps to create some of the capsules. I can't remember the thread size, but a common one fits into the arrows I had picked up. A flanged T-nut at the back of the capsue added a nice look, IMO. In one of the JLA mini-series, a rocket arrow was shown, and one of Estes' small plastic ready-to-fly rockets would work well there. I'm sure a lot of that would work for Hawkeye as well. Also, I think there was a page on Hawkeye's arrows in the old Marvel Handbook Book of Weapons, IIRC.

Jim

Actually there was and what it listed was that Hawkeye's trick arrows were kept in the quiver minus the trick and that the arrow heads were on his bandolier. Of course that didn't match the comics, but oh well.

After speaking with Damon and finding out what he was after here is what I have so far based mon the arrows listed in the Marvel Guide.

from left to right: Flare Arrow, Bolo Arrow, Sonic Arrow, Electro Arrow.
the shaft of an arrow is in the forground in the proper color, the last arow tip is the correct orange for the tips.
MVC-132S.JPG

Very good start. What are the sizes if the tips and the length of the shaft.....

Also what are the exact colors youa re using if that is ok...you can PM if needed.

Here are some progress pics, I have to make 3 end pieces for the various arrows (right 3) I made a mold so O can make more, they fit into the shaft of a standard arrow, I was playing around with a metalic orange paint, not sure if I will use it in the end, I am molding each arrow as I go in case anyone else is interested.

MVC-063S_2.JPG

Originally posted by blufive@Mar 11 2006, 11:18 AM
Those look cool.  The arrow heads remind me of something I saw at the Adam and Eve store.

:D
[snapback]1203583[/snapback]​

that is tooo funny.....but may be a good place to pick up some uh "reference" materials or some ideas.....

just make sure my arrows dont need "d" batteries or a plug. :confused

From left to right:

Cable Arrow, Putty Arrow, Sonic Arrow, Explosive Tip Arrow, Suction Cup Arrow, Flare Arrow, Acid Arrow, and Bolo Arrow.

I also did up a few Green Arrow arrows if anyone is interested

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back