looking for good pictures of the moldy crow from star wars dark forces

Discussion in 'Star Wars Costumes and Props' started by bpwmd, Jul 9, 2015.

Tags:
  1. bpwmd

bpwmd Well-Known Member

im wondering if anyone has a model of the moldy crow and would be willing to take some isometric pictures for me (trying to model it in blender and make a replica of the Dark forces game)
    im looking for top and bottom front, back, left and right if possible and as square on as possible

2. 19narvik40

19narvik40 Well-Known Member

3. Lichtbringer

Lichtbringer Sr Member

4. Sluis Van Shipyards

Sluis Van Shipyards Master Member

5. OdiWan72

OdiWan72 Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

6. tubachris85x

tubachris85x Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

This is was my first Stat wars games I ever played. Wish I had the skills to build one of these

7. starving4rtist

starving4rtist New Member

8. bpwmd

bpwmd Well-Known Member

Dude that second one is perfect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Lichtbringer

Lichtbringer Sr Member

Thanks guys. :)

To be more precise, the one on the pic is not scratchbuild, it´s made from a 1/72 scale resin-kit.

But it´s one of the resin-kits i made/scratchbuild the master for. ;)

10. Inquisitor Peregrinus

Inquisitor Peregrinus Master Member

Idle question or those tackling this ship... What scale are you, respectively, using? There seems to be disagreement in official materials as to whether it's ~30 ['i]feet[/i] or ~30 meters.

--Jonah

11. Sluis Van Shipyards

12. Inquisitor Peregrinus

Huh... I need do go back and check the game, but I thought that's where the 29.5m length originally came from. And that the 29'6" in the cross-sections book was a mis-read of that. If that's what FFG says, I don't know what to think... :wacko

--Jonah

13. Sluis Van Shipyards

Wookieepedia says 29m, but pretty much everyone said that's way too long. A bunch of people did some sizing by a JK2 picture where a TIE bomber was in the same frame. I also had looked up a cutscene from JK2 because there was a scene where Jan and Kyle are standing next to the landed Crow and you can see it's not much bigger than a fighter. I think someone on Wookieepedia heard freighter and decided it was larger. I don't know.

14. Inquisitor Peregrinus

I can live with that. We need a new, correct interior, then. *sigh* I liked the one I'd found that was based on the ~30m length. :(

--Jonah

15. Lichtbringer

Lichtbringer Sr Member

For each"proof" of one size (or formatwise), another "proof" could be found for another size (or formatwise) - they didn´t really cared for any consistency.

So it´s up to each one to choose their prefered one. When making the master for the kit i´ve gone with something in between, so it could be build sized like a fighter in 1/48, or sized as a small freighter/courier in 1/72 (my own preference, as you can see from the cockpit/figures).

16. Sluis Van Shipyards

All I know is that I have some leeway so that if mine isn't exact I can cite different sources and sizes. :lol ;)