Looking for Eraser 'RailGun' Photos

ForgeHyena

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Looking for good, non-movie, closeup photos of the Eraser Railgun.
BIG plus if they show the internals.

I've got one of the hero prototypes/unfinished versions.
From what I can tell most-if-not-all of the mechanisms (pneumatics, hoses, wires, switches) are in place for a version that would have worked. But, it's all a mess. I want to make some comparisons before I attempt to straighten anything out.

Found some pics in a junkyard ad...so that got me further than I was when I logged on!

Thanks all!

Let me see what you have and I can tell you what all the hoses and wires do. I have two of these that I have been able to restore to working condition.

Eraser_HeroRifle_4.jpg

Let me see what you have and I can tell you what all the hoses and wires do. I have two of these that I have been able to restore to working condition.

Okay, just created a Flicker account and uploaded a set to keep the photo spam down. Let me know if I you have any issues accessing this Link.

I just check out the pictures and it looks like you have everything to make it work again.

You have to do a few mods since none of these guns came with the backpack that contained all the air tanks and power source for the lighting. I opted not to fix the lighting since it involved firing large flashbulbs from an external high voltage power supply. I’m sure I would have killed myself trying to get that to work. :)

The rest of it is pretty easy. For the air supply I purchased a portable air system and hooked it to the two hoses that hang from the grip. One hose goes to the recoil mechanism and should extend the barrel as soon as you hook it up. It’s pretty violent when it happens so make sure nothing is in front of the gun. This is controlled by an electric air valve that is located under the front of the gun. It should have two leads coming off of it. Run those to the trigger and a 9v battery and the gun will recoil every time you press the trigger.

The smoke system is a little more complex. It uses a pneumatic plunger that opens a simple 3.3g CO2 cartridge and routes the CO2 burst into the barrel. The problem is the electric valve that controlled this was in the backpack. You will need to buy a new valve and place it inline so you will have control over the plunger with each trigger pull. The thread on the plunger is the same as a typical paintball gun and you can buy adapters that go from that size to a small CO2 cartridge.

I’ll try and get some pictures up of all this stuff later tonight. Pretty soon you will have this awesomeness!

Awesome! Thanks for the help!

I got a little worried when I saw your posted photo above since mine is missing the 2 small circuit boards. I was unsure if those were dressing or related to the lighting. And, yeah, I had the same thought on the lighting, myself.

While we're on the subject...have you ever come across photos of the backpack? Or the scope for that matter. I've come across a few of the scope and none of the backpack. I've also never seen the backpack for sale.

Again, thanks for the help!

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back