Looking for Anakin's Speeder

darthviper107

Sr Member
I've started working on making Anakin's yellow hotrod speeder from Episode II, I've got some great reference so far, but I'm wondering if anyone knows where the full-sized prop is at the moment or in the future?

I'd like to get the opportunity to take pictures myself so I can get the best reference.

Here's what I've started so far:

View attachment 59620

View attachment 59621

I'm almost finished with the general shape, but I'm looking to get some more reference of the inside of the cockpit.

Looking great. Really wish that Anakin could have been raised by his father who conceived him in the force. Yeah he is a Muun but it would have been better. Darth Plagues seems to have a code of honor unlike his former and last apprentice who killed him in his sleep.

I think you're posting in the wrong place, should probably go to general modeling, this is the studio scale forum which is about replicating filming miniatures.

Well, I put it in the Studio Scale forum because I was looking for the full-sized filming ship. So it was a studio-scale. My build won't be, but this isn't a WIP for my build, I'm just looking to see if anyone knows where the full ship is (or will be) so I might get some more reference.

The only traveling exhibit I know of is "Star Wars: Where Science Meets Imagination"

The Health Museum, Houston, Houston, TX - June 18, 2011 - September 18, 2011
Exploration Place, Wichita, Wichita, KS - May 26 - September 3, 2012
Orlando Science Center, Orlando, FL - October 13, 2012 – March 17, 2013.

However based on the info I've seen, it does not seem to be there. I would assume it is at LFL. I believe it was once at one or more Star Wars Celebrations. Maybe (big maybe) it will be at the one in 2012.

Sorry I could not be more help. :(

Cool, I hear ya, but with the RPF "studio scale" refers to visual effects filming miniatures. Anything regarding full size 1 to 1 scale will be in either the replica props forum or the screen used props forum. Good luck with your search!

The only traveling exhibit I know of is "Star Wars: Where Science Meets Imagination"

The Health Museum, Houston, Houston, TX - June 18, 2011 - September 18, 2011
Exploration Place, Wichita, Wichita, KS - May 26 - September 3, 2012
Orlando Science Center, Orlando, FL - October 13, 2012 – March 17, 2013.

However based on the info I've seen, it does not seem to be there. I would assume it is at LFL. I believe it was once at one or more Star Wars Celebrations. Maybe (big maybe) it will be at the one in 2012.

Sorry I could not be more help. :(

Yeah, originally I was hoping it would be with the Science Meets Imagination exhibit, since it's in houston this month and I could drive there some weekend, but it doesn't look like they have it on that tour. Maybe it will be at CVI since I know it was at CIV

Maybe at this point it's too old to move around, I've noticed in some pictures it seemed to be accumulating damage.

The toy that was produced at the time of the movie release most likely came from cg files. If you pick one up and compare it to photo reference you may find that it is pretty accurate. I have not done a comparison, so it could be way off I guess. Just a thought. Should be able to find one cheap on eBay.

Have that toy, I actually got it when the movie came out since I've always liked that part of the movie. It's based off the CG files, for a general shape it is helpful, but since it's a toy it's not very detailed. At least in the parts that I really need better references of like the cockpit or the engines. The engines on the toy are rubber, so not very detailed. And since it's based off the CG version, it's not very accurate anyways.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back