Looking for an acrylic Planet Hollywood style case maker, and Plaques

Discussion in 'Replica Props' started by The Prop Stop, Jul 16, 2006.

1. The Prop Stop

The Prop Stop Sr Member

Hello everyone. I've really enjoyed reading the threads over the last few years and as a collector of Screenused stuff I find it has been annoying that Replica stuff tends to be better presented than the real thing. Does anybody have any sources for good laser cut mounts, metal or acrylic plaques or the actual display cases. Does Master replicas sell display cases only?

Any help gratefully appreciated.

2. tk2647

tk2647 Well-Known Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

3. The Prop Stop

The Prop Stop Sr Member

Wow thank you....pm sent.

4. oxbeard

oxbeard Well-Known Member

That's awesome.. I had missed that thread. Glad this came up :D

5. Gojira61

Gojira61 Sr Member

6. armourerdoug

armourerdoug New Member

propstore of London make their own displays and cases, could try calling them www.propstore.co.uk ask for Andy (he does the displays)

Doug

7. firstmark

firstmark Well-Known Member

Its true replica stuff tends to be better displayed with plaques, display cases and everything in comparison to screen used items. Just about every screen used item I have bought has been originally shown to me with pictures of the item just setting on the floor no cases no plaques nothing. Only one item included a stand.
    Cases for lifesize mannequins are very costly but for smaller items they are not that much even if custom made.

8. The Prop Stop

The Prop Stop Sr Member

I think its because we spend so much on the props we don't have any money left for the cases to admire them in. Screen used stuff can get a bit expensive.

9. frightzone_4_you

frightzone_4_you Well-Known Member

<div class='quotetop'>(tardis55 @ Jul 19 2006, 06:05 AM) [snapback]1283737[/snapback]</div>
    I agree... atleast in my case.

10. firstmark

firstmark Well-Known Member

The high cost for the items is a big reason little is spent on displays I agree. With screen used items its often now or never and you never know what may come up for sale in the future. With replicas you can spend more on displaying it and buy whatever else you want at any time, as nothing is that rare.

11. The Prop Stop

The Prop Stop Sr Member

Heres an example of a display that went right, Justins "Event Horizon" spacesuit.