Looking for a source for these buttons...

V194

Here is another one of my "Know you have see it before but cant id" series.
The buttons closest to you i.e the first row are marked with "N1, N2, M, 0, _ , I, I, I, I, 0, I, Operator"
I have checked with experts in phone equipment collecting and they said they have never seen the switches. Because it says Operator I thought it might be phone company related but I have found nothing similar. The "I" switches look so familiar I just can't place them. I even thought they might be elevator control switches but cant find a likeness.
Suggestions.
Console.jpg

Hey V194 -- I've noticed you never post what show / film your prop questions are from. Is there a reason?

<div class='quotetop'>(juno @ Jul 4 2006, 07:32 PM) [snapback]1273984[/snapback]</div>
Hey V194 -- I've noticed you never post what show / film your prop questions are from. Is there a reason?
[/b]

Maybe Black Beauty? ;)

Thomas

<div class='quotetop'>(juno @ Jul 4 2006, 01:32 PM) [snapback]1273984[/snapback]</div>
[/b]

Its not intentional. Just learning the protocol of this forum.
Is it helpful for everybody to know the origins?

<div class='quotetop'>(V194 @ Jul 4 2006, 08:18 PM) [snapback]1274010[/snapback]</div>
[/b]

Not necessarily, but it's kinda polite I would say....

Thomas

<div class='quotetop'>(hollywoodhardware @ Jul 4 2006, 02:21 PM) [snapback]1274013[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>(V194 @ Jul 4 2006, 08:18 PM) [snapback]1274010[/snapback]
[/b]

Not necessarily, but it's kinda polite I would say....

Thomas
[/b][/quote]

OK will do. Ill try to post more info for future posts.

Let me say that I am restoring a piece of Hollywood History, one of only two created vehicles used on set of the TV show the Green Hornet. My car was built by Dean Jeffries in Hollywood in 1966 and was used on set of the series. The sister car is part of the Petersen Museum collection in Los Angeles California. The photo above is an original studio photo. As with many restorations part of the "prop" is intact but over they years, age, souvenir hunters etc have deteriorated some parts. It is those parts I'm trying to recreate. If you want some history of the car check the link in my signature, it is the only true source for information on the web.

All of my other posts are also related into locating such parts and to recreate such props that were used on the show. Since the show ran only 1 season it is to many somewhat obscure. And being that it aired almost 40 years ago many have no memory or knowledge of the show.

My father owned a TV repair shop when I was growing up and he had test equipment that had buttons like those. I can't tell you the make or model unfortunately but I remember the buttons because I was always playing with them. :p I would say do a search for 1960's era electronics and you might get lucky.

As stupid as this sounds, they look like the buttons and circuit breakers from an airplane. Over the years they have changed a bit, but in honesty they look like the old buttons from that era of plane cockpits.

<div class='quotetop'>(Atin @ Jul 4 2006, 04:45 PM) [snapback]1274080[/snapback]</div>
As stupid as this sounds, they look like the buttons and circuit breakers from an airplane. Over the years they have changed a bit, but in honesty they look like the old buttons from that era of plane cockpits.
[/b]

I thought that might be possible, perhaps a com unit of some sort? Now to find something that will work. :confused
It is very possible it may be aviation or military surplus that had to predate 1966.

V first off very kewl project, would love to see more photos, Im a closet fan of Green Hornet...

Second. As a pilot, but from a more modern era IE Bombers from secret city. We still studied many old systems. Looking at your pic they look a lot like the push style buttons from the older era of passenger planes.
My gues would be the N buttons would be to talk to different sections of the plane IE a flight attendant in the rear. The operator, hmmm that one has me stumped.
But the colored buttons I would for sure check out old military and passanger aviation cockpit controls, mainly the fuse boards of the comm centers.
Possibly a navigation console, thus the operator button could be a direct link to the pilot head set..
Hope that makes some sense, but Im also basing my guess because in the 60s flight was fairly an advanced thing, people felt it to be futuristic and many people never saw the inside of a plane let alone a cockpit.

I agree that the buttons look like they may be aviation sourced, they look like engineers fuses to me.

The rotary switches remind me of the 'cooker knob' heater controls on my old MGB. :)

I don't know about the buttons, but I do know where to get the lights.
Shoot me a e-mail, I'll take some pics of the ones that I have.
Obi wan Coyote

<div class='quotetop'>(Atemylunch @ Jul 4 2006, 11:53 PM) [snapback]1274266[/snapback]</div>
Most of those are indicator lamps and still available.
I see what looks like what your looking for in a Newmark cataloge.
www.newmarkinone.com
Look for panel-mount indicators.
[/b]

Cant get the link to work?

<div class='quotetop'>(Atin @ Jul 4 2006, 06:22 PM) [snapback]1274120[/snapback]</div>
V first off very kewl project, would love to see more photos, Im a closet fan of Green Hornet...

Second. As a pilot, but from a more modern era IE Bombers from secret city. We still studied many old systems. Looking at your pic they look a lot like the push style buttons from the older era of passenger planes.
My gues would be the N buttons would be to talk to different sections of the plane IE a flight attendant in the rear. The operator, hmmm that one has me stumped.
But the colored buttons I would for sure check out old military and passanger aviation cockpit controls, mainly the fuse boards of the comm centers.
Possibly a navigation console, thus the operator button could be a direct link to the pilot head set..
Hope that makes some sense, but Im also basing my guess because in the 60s flight was fairly an advanced thing, people felt it to be futuristic and many people never saw the inside of a plane let alone a cockpit.
[/b]

Thanks
Any suggestions on where to begin tro look for avation stuff?

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back