Looking for a Japanese live action SF movie/weapon ID.

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Rook 3

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
A while ago there was a thread about scifi weapons (what a suprise) and in the thread there were pics from a Japanese live action film. The weapons were M16s in a full clamshell enclosure with a thumbhole stock. It was long and rather square looking.

Does anyone recall what movie this was in?

Thanks,

Russ

Last edited:

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Rook 3

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Nope, I've seen that one. :) I had the screen caps a couple
years ago before a HDD crash.

The M16 rifle clamsheel shrouds were long and very boxy. The pistol grip was a thumbhole style integrated into the stock.

The "soldiers" wore a near future military uniform.

Rook 3

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
That's a negative Ghost Rider. :)

It was a "full length" rifle.

Here's a TERRIBLE representation of what I remember it looking like...

It was very blocky and angular. Rather "industrial." Kind of like a bigger, blockier version of the Morita from SST. :)

Rook 3

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Nope, it's definately an M-16 mod. I remember in the original picture you could see the magazine and the charging handle from the M16. It is a pretty long thing as well.

There was quite a bit of discussion about it back in the day in some all-inclusive sci fi gun thread. I'm supprised nobody recalls it. :)

Mr_Creepy

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Cool beans :)

Here's a thread from Matsuo's forum where I have a couple more image pages - Natural city guns...Give pix please... in Blasters 'n such Forum

I had originally posted there about what type of rifle might have been underneath the clamshell, but the thread got wiped out in the Yuku/ezboard hack. As I recall, someone mentioned a Korean rifle similar to the M16 that was probably used, but I didn't save the info at the time :unsure

Mike J.

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
A quick Google search tells me Daewoo makes a rifle called the K2 with a similar-looking receiver.