1. Welcome to the Want to Buy Forum!

The name of this forum alone is self explanatory. What you may not know is that any member can post a WTB request, but only Premium Members are able to respond to those requests. Why? Because this sub-forum is, at its heart, a sales forum, only Premium Members can advertise their wares and services by responding to WTB requests.

Click here for details on becoming a Premium Member.

Click here for the complete Classifieds Guidelines.

Dismiss Notice

Want to Buy Looking for a few prop replicas for a home cinema. *CAP America Shield*

Discussion in 'Want to Buy' started by Rolinos, Jul 21, 2015.

1. Rolinos

Rolinos New Member

I am building a home cinema and am at a point where I can decorate it. The items listed will be stored in cases or frames as the item dictates. I am looking for high quality items I understand this may come at a price premium but I want the items to stand up to close inspection. I am not interested in a kit! I have no talent for crafting and due to the quality I am looking for would prefer a "professional" create the item in its entirety.

I initially came to the RPF looking for information on a Captain America Shield. I would be interested in a aluminium shield that is very screen accurate to TFA or the 1st Avengers movie. It will likely spend most its life in a case looking pretty but i want to be able to remove it from the case and show the back as well. So all the leather straps etc. should all be present.

I am focusing on one item at a time. But, other items I am considering for display will be a Stormtrooper helmet from IV or V the hero version. A sword from LOTR. Something from the alien franchise not sure what here.

2. VinMan

VinMan Well-Known Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I have a very nice Magneto Helmet from First Class. The paint job is off the chain awesome.
    Made it for a client whose head is too large.

Let me know if You may have an interest

3. Rolinos

Rolinos New Member

This place is amazing.

I am no longer looking for a Captain America Shield thank you I have found a solution for that.

I am still looking for a Stormtrooper helmet from IV or V the hero version. but I do have a lead on one no formal arrangements have been made.

Something from the alien franchise not sure what here.
    A LOTR sword i think.
    Indiana Jones is another favorite but again not really sure what would be a good prop.
    Also I am going to throw out there Big Trouble in Little China because I love the movie I am not sure what would make a good display piece here either.

Thank you for your consideration and AMAZING work.

4. Futurescape3D

Futurescape3D Well-Known Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Reading your ideas for some potential props really got my gear turning! We could 3D print a scaled down version of the Arc of the Covenant from Raiders of the Lost Arc! The build volume for our larger printer is 11.7in x 10.8in x 9.8in

Arc of the Covenant.jpg

5. Rolinos

Rolinos New Member

I am no longer looking for a Stormtrooper helmet a helpful member DDAY has helped me with his excellent work. I have a Cap Shield that is at ArtisanFX for finishing I am hoping to see soon as well.

Thanks for the idea Futurescape3d but I am looking for 1:1 size items so far. Also I am looking for a higher level of realism than 3d printing would generally offer.

Still looking for something Alien related. I have seen a few cool items that sold in the past for Indiana Jones and I think I just need to be vigilant.

6. Rolinos

Rolinos New Member

Updated.

Shield Done looks great. Have added several Indiana Jones items courtesy of Funky Jedi, Gordon Gekko and a final item on order with RelicMaker.
    Alien item have a single item on order, not sure if that will finish off that set or not. A little more than half the room is done.

Interest items include Highlander 1 Ramirez katana. Predator Bio helmet laser hat. Terminator endoskull.

Futurescape3D likes this.
  7. Futurescape3D

Futurescape3D Well-Known Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

It would be so awesome to 3D print a large Terminator endoskull in our stainless steel material!

8. irishamericanlad

irishamericanlad Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Did you find you highlander sword?

9. irishamericanlad

irishamericanlad Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Lol sorry I just realized you commissioned me already lol

justice league likes this.
  10. Rolinos

Rolinos New Member

I did I found some guy that looks like he makes amazing ones... and its you...! :lol

11. medic2410p

medic2410p Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Your not looking for any LOTR stuff are you?