Looking for a copy of Isildur's account of the one ring

Paul Andrew

Master Member
This is one of those things I've wanted to get around to printing and weathering for display, but the copy I have is pretty low res. I used the search but only came up with a thread on how to weather the doc once printed, no actual source for the text. Any pointers on finding it?

Just saw this thread and had forgotten that I had made an attempt at Isildur's Account awhile back so I thought I would post an image of it. Still needs a little work.

I used the wording from the Fellowship of the Ring rather than the words spoken by Gandalf in the film which are a paraphrasing of the written account. I used screen shots to get the layout and a dark brown ink to simulate aged ink writing. Then printed on a medium weight parchment type paper.

This is the prototype I made on 11 x 17 paper. The actual prop is more like 15 x 20, its pretty big judging from screen shots.

bfd

Looks great printed. I have been meaning to make more pages. What font did you use?

Great work.

Also was wanting to do Bilbo's contract with the Dwarves.

Looks great printed. I have been meaning to make more pages. What font did you use?

Great work.

You know I don't remember. I did have to modify it to get it to be more accurate, but I can't for the life of me remember what I used as the base font.

thomas;)

Great work.

DB

Here's a really rough proto of a Bilbo contract letter I came up with based on Tolkien's version of the letter and the movie trailer showing Bilbo jumping over a fence trailing a longish letter behind him.

(Sorry for hijacking the thread)

bfd

DB

Here's a really rough proto of a Bilbo contract letter I came up with based on Tolkien's version of the letter and the movie trailer showing Bilbo jumping over a fence trailing a longish letter behind him.

(Sorry for hijacking the thread)

bfd

Did you find a source on the net for this? Look nice.

thomas;)

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back