Looking for 2-Part Black Gun Foam

LexLuthorJr

I'm trying to find the black gun foam used to make the Doc Ock arm segment in the video below. It is shown being used at the 5:00 mark.

I've searched online but can't locate anything like it. Does anyone know what the product is? Much appreciated!

(This is my first ever post. I'm sorry if this is not the correct place for this question.)

Why not reach out to her on facebook or twitter, She lists them in the video. I believe she lives in the UK. If you are in the US you may not find it here.

If not you can try tinting normal PU rigid foam with black So Strong tints (smooth on product). Probably it will not come out totally black (a bit greyish), but it could be a base to paint it. Better than white or yellow.

If not you can try tinting normal PU rigid foam with black So Strong tints (smooth on product). Probably it will not come out totally black (a bit greyish), but it could be a base to paint it. Better than white or yellow.

It doesn't need to be black; I was going to paint it anyway. I was just looking for foam that had the same properties. Do you have any suggestions for a brand to get? Or when I can buy it?

That's really just expanding foam rubber. It's available in various durometers/rigidity. It can get expensive. You can make a call to Mike and ask about a set of samples which would be small pucks of cured material but it would likely have a cost to it.

Any foam (looks like rigid foam) would do. Many different manufacturers and suppliers.
Smooth On, Polytek...in different densities. Depends where you are located.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back