Keith

Sr Member
1_31.jpg

:D

Keith.

Here is the model now:

hk1.jpg

hk2.jpg

The rear half of the body and the tail fins are filled with solid Polyurethane resin.
The front half of the body and the engines have been fiberglassed inside and part filled with resin, so its all very solid now and will never go out of shape like some vinyl kits do.
I molded the T2 plaque from my 1/1 endoskull and cast it in resin.
I've just got to make a display stand for it now and fit the gun to the underside of the model.

Thanks wackychimp for hosting,

Keith.

Cool model. Is that the Horizon Flying Hunter Killer?

Nice assembly, though, shouldn't the tail fins be straight? Also, have you considered getting it chromed or do you just plan to leave it as it is??

I know... many many questions... sorry. :angel

Cheers :thumbsup

Yes, its an original Horizon model. The tail fins are straight on the model on the box, but they should have a bend to them.
I wouldn't have it chromed, it would cost too much and the real models were just spray painted silver anyway i think.

I painted mine in aluminium silver, then it had lots of coats of Halfords automotive clear lacqure.

Keith.

It looks like the wings are sagging - that's the problem that I've had with mine. I tried heating and re-shaping, but they go back to sagging when they're cool....

question from a newbie:

Should there be any type of detailing on that model, to make it "screen accurate"?

Things such as different colors in the jet engine fins, or black lines on some areas
of indentations or lines on the exterior of the model?

Being just solid silver like that, just seems like there is an extra step to be taken
to add the super-small details that will really make it stand out and look GREAT.

JS

Here is my custom made display stand.
The silver pole section is metal.

5_4.jpg

1_34.jpg

4_15.jpg

6_8.jpg

7_8.jpg

Thanks wackychimp for hosting,

Keith.

The display stand? Yes i made it.
The black base is from a metal model car filled with resin, the plaque is molded from my 1/1 endoskull and the metal pole which i bolted onto the black base is some furniture thingy that i painted.

Keith.

Originally posted by Keith@Jan 10 2006, 01:46 PM
The display stand? Yes i made it.
The black base is from a metal model car filled with resin, the plaque is molded from my 1/1 endoskull and the metal pole which i bolted onto the black base is some furniture thingy that i painted.

Keith.
[snapback]1155190[/snapback]​

oh so you think your the king of the display stands now do you?

:love

its ok...........i've seen better :p

i'm sending you down some black wash for the panel lines :love

z

This paint job is that tough and hard wearing, that it wouldnt have to be a black wash. I could just paint the black roughly all over the panel lines and then T-cut the whole thing later, to remove the excess black ;)

I'll have a think about doing the lines black, but i'm not sure. I built it as more of an ornament than a model. I might try it and see what i think.

Glad you think the stand is "OK" though :D You love it really don't you :love

Keith.

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back