Longmire

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Movie Talk' started by Noeland, May 19, 2012.

1. Noeland

Noeland Sr Member

2. Noeland

Noeland Sr Member

Mods, please move this! Thanks. Thought I was posting this in the movie forum. My mistake.

3. Roger Ramjet

Roger Ramjet Sr Member

I'm really enjoying the series. What gun is the Sheriff packing?

4. NormanF

NormanF Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Probably some .45, but I never looked at it closely.

5. Roger Ramjet

Roger Ramjet Sr Member

Think it is 1911 with custom grips but not sure. Trying to find some info about it.

6. epilepticsquirl

epilepticsquirl Sr Member

Any excuse to see Katee Sackhoff again is good enough for me. :)
    I actually like the show a lot and hope it does well.

Longmire looks to have a Colt Gov't 1911 with stag grips. :thumbsup
    [​IMG]

7. PotionMistress

PotionMistress Sr Member

I really like this show too. It's nice to see a modern Western, even thought it fits the formulaic prime-time cop-mystery mold. I was surprized that Robert Taylor (Sheriff Longmire) is an Aussie! I'd never have guessed it. Anyway, GOOD SHOW! I heard that it HAS been renewed for a second season.

8. Wes R

Wes R Legendary Member

I wondered what this show was, my folks really like it. It's always good to see Lou Diamond Philips on screen too, he's always kind of underrated.

9. NormanF

I really enjoy the show. Waiting to see what he did in Denver.

10. PantheraGem

PantheraGem Sr Member

My folks and I are enjoying it! Wish he would make more use of the Winchester 94 he used in the opening episode. :D

11. AGxM

AGxM Well-Known Member

Very late to the Longmire party.......but absolutely loving it. and just started Season 2.

Can anyone explain why Katee Sackhoff sniffs so much in it though? I know it's cold but sheesh it's like being around a snotty 2 year old!

12. Jedifather

Jedifather Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I like this show, too. Would love to see new episodes.

13. Sourdoh

Sourdoh Sr Member

I think it's through. I don't think it rounded up a big enough audience. Hell on Wheels just about bit the dust until the star Anson Mount stepped in and saved it. Twice. After the first season, the producers got a case of the * and decided to break up the company, so Anson stepped in. The third season wasn't going to happen until, again, he stepped in to save it. At least that's the way I heard it. Maybe someone associated with Longmire will step in. It was one of the best acted shows on TV, cable or otherwise.

14. Gordon Gekko

Gordon Gekko Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Far as I know Netflix picked it up and season 4 starts filming this month.

15. Sundowner

Sundowner Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I'm still waiting for season 3! But it looks like Netflix will pick up another season with 10 episodes sometime this year.

16. mistymills

mistymills Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I hate westerns. I hate cop shows. I freaking LOVE Longmire, though.

brandomack likes this.
  17. firesprite

firesprite Master Member

It's Walt. How can you not love that man?! :love

That said, I read the first of the books after falling in love with the series and was ultimately disappointed. I'm sure they'd be fine if I hadn't watched the series, but as it was, I was disappointed.

18. NormanF

Not surprising. They always change books when making movies and tv shows. A few years ago there was a show called "The Finder". I bought one of the books it was based on. That show has almost nothing to do with the books. His partner on the show was actually going around killing food company execs in the book I read.

19. sycor

sycor Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Glad to hear this. I really annoyed with the way the way the last season ended.

20. Sundowner

He's back! I'm trying not to binge watch and burn through all 10 episodes

image.jpg

brandomack and Noeland like this.
  21. Noeland

Noeland Sr Member

I binge watched. LOVED IT. The season plays like a novel with each episode being a chapter. The writing is much better without the commercial breaks.

I feel the show is much better on netflix. So glad it got picked up.

brandomack and PantheraGem like this.
  22. firesprite

firesprite Master Member

I loved the netflix season and hope they'll do more!

brandomack, Noeland and Sundowner like this.
  23. Sundowner

Where the heck can I buy a 6 pack of Rainier?

brandomack likes this.
  24. firesprite

firesprite Master Member

25. Sundowner

Sadly there is no locations listed anywhere near the Midwest where I live. I was looking to buy it online but couldn't find a place

26. Jedifather

Jedifather Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Katee looks hot. :love

27. ultraman

ultraman Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

oddly enough i just happen to live in the town that the whole series is based on.
    Buffalo, Wyoming. population 4,000

the writer of the books is from here and every year since the shows started they hold "LONGMIRE DAYS" here in town during the summer time.
    the town is then named durant and all the actors from the show come down and hang out.

i've been lucky enough to hang out with katee sackoff on quite a few occasions and she knows me by name now.

here's a video some one put out back in the 2013 longmire days on youtube:

it's pretty easy for me to get things signed and i can get the Rainier beer right down the street that @Sundowner was talking about...i just don't know the protocol on how to ship something like that in the mail....although i probably could get empty cans all day long and sell them for dirt in the junk yard lol

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2018
    firesprite, Noeland and Sundowner like this.
  28. Sundowner

Man I am mega jealous! That is so awesome! So the Rainier Beer is for a basket I'm making my girlfriend for our 2nd anniversary. I'm filling it with mementos from our time together and Longmire was the first show BOTH of us really enjoy together. So that's why I have been trying to pick up that beer.

Do folks travel to take part in Longmire days?

29. ultraman

yeah it's pretty crazy...people from all over the world have been showing up.
    it started off with just craig johnson (the writer) and robert taylor (walt longmire) hanging outside the "Busybee" restaurant on main street signing autographs.
    (and yes the busybee is a real restaurant that's been here since the 1940's.)
    then it suddenly grew over time and now thousands of people show up.
    the first time the whole cast of the show came was really cool because it was a small gathering of people.....they had a street dance on main street and all the actors hung out all night just talking to people.
    kattee signed the head of one of my newest hoodies and we hung out on the main street bridge for like 2 hours just talking about random stuff and eating pulled pork burritos. it was pretty surreal for me. i kept calling her starbuck just to mess with her...but she thought it was funny. oddly enough every one was there to see walt so i was left alone with katee. now it's not so much the case that it has gotten bigger over time.

if there's things from the show i can help you find let me know....as i'm sure you'd like to get them straight from the source.
    i'll go dig around town today and see what i can come up with.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2015
  30. Noeland

Noeland Sr Member

I'm definitely going to have to get over to Buffalo for Longmire Days! That is way too cool. I had no idea that was even a real beer. It doesn't seem to be available in michigan either, so my first taste might have to be at Longmire Days. :)

Thank you for sharing that video and your stories. Katie seems like a pretty cool person.

31. Sundowner

Wow, now thats a fan experience that money can't buy! So cool!

Anything you can help with would be great! Also I looked into shipping brews and its perfectly legal. I would happily compensate you for the Rainier, shipping and your time if you were to ship me some. I'm 30 by the way hahaha :cheers Thanks for your help!

32. ultraman

yeah i can get you guys the beer if you want it.
    i can also get bumper stickers, tshirts , hats, red pony hot sauce what ever you want.
    i just saw "walt white" wine and also "red pony" wine while looking for rainier.

the best though is.....i went and saw a buddy of mine named hue he's a pretty famous sculptor. his gallery on main street is one of the few places where you can buy nice signed hardback first editions of the books....even the author craig johnson goes there to pick up the books for his friends.
    hue told me craig shows up 3 times a month to sign all the books.

if your interested in that pm me.

if you guys ever wanted to hang out with the cast and have a good time...this is defiantly the place to do it!

i mean dang....if you wanted to see katee sackoff at a comic con you'd be waiting in line for hours but here she'll just be hanging out on the street wondering around.

also something i thought you might get a kick out of.
    last year the firg did a 2 hour free jazz concert right in the middle of town..he's pretty good check it out!
    fast forward to 1:16

33. Sundowner

Who knew Ferg was so talented! Hahaha! Well i know my girlfriend and I will be visiting Boulder next year around that time so hopefully we can make a pit stop to Longmire days. Heck that's worth the taking a few more days off to visit.

I'll PM you ultraman, you're awesome!

34. Mike J.

Mike J. Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Aaaaah! An excellent reason to revisit Colorado, but only discovered after my perfect excuse is gone (my brother used to attend CU Boulder).

35. ultraman

picked up a couple goodies for @Sundowner today!
    got red pony wine and the newest longmire book..."dry bones" signed by craig johnson the author!

redpony1.JPG redpony2.JPG dirtybones1.JPG dirtybones2.JPG

the book just came out a couple months ago.....going to pick up rainier beer next.

-:ninja

36. Sundowner

Ultra YOU ARE AWESOME!!! My girlfriend is going to flip when she gets these!

37. ultraman

ok i finally picked up the rainier straight off the truck today for Sundowner!
    yes folks it it is real lol

rainier1.JPG

firesprite and Sundowner like this.
  38. 0neiros

0neiros Master Member

39. ultraman

that motorcycle one is the best one lol:D

40. Sundowner

Thats AWESOME!

41. yrsued

yrsued New Member

Basic WWII 1911A1 with Stag Grips on a Galco Speed Paddle Holster!!

This is DEFINITELY NOT a Modern 1911A1

Being Stag Grips you will NEVER get Identical Grips, they are all different!! NO two Elks are the Same!!

- - - Updated - - -

This is more of a WWII Era Pistol, that Mainspring Housing with the Diamonds and Lanyard Loop is a Classic feature from WWII 1911A1's

42. PantheraGem

PantheraGem Sr Member

I wonder if there's any shots in the series where you can make out the serial #. The 1911 that Hayley shoots at Steve's shield in "Captain America" is a Remington-Rand, for instance, identifiable from the serial #.

43. Krel

Krel Sr Member

The pistol could be a 1991-A1 version with back dated parts. The 1991-A1 is a copy of the early Government model, but with a plastic trigger, and backstrap. Easy enough to change. As you say, all stag grips are different, if those are real stag and not synthetic copies. If so then you could very well find the same grips.

David.

44. yrsued

yrsued New Member

Not really, the 1991, had Modern sights, this one is all the way old!!

In real life I'm a Gun Writer/Photographer, I have done research, this one IS WWII

I just picked up a Sistema Colt 1927 with parts that are so similar its not funny and a Patina to match.

Attached Files:

45. Krel

Krel Sr Member

The 1991-A1 was suppose to be a copy of the early 1911-A1 with modern safety features and some plastic parts. I can tell you for certain that the sites on the 1991-A1's were copies of the originals. I have the Commander version, and the sites were very rudimentary blade sites and not modern. The first, and so far only change I have made, was to have 3-dot sites put on the pistol.

I'm sorry if I gave the impression that it was a 1991-A1, just that it could have been. Armorers like supplying look-a-like weapons if an original isn't available, or if they can get away with it due to costs. Back in the 80s many Beretta 92 pistols in movies and TV shows were actually Taurus pistols because they were so much cheaper than a Beretta 92.

I would love to have a pair of stag grips on my pistol, but so far the only ones I have seen did not have good patterns on them. And if I am going to pay that much for grips, then I'm getting what I want.

David.

46. yrsued

yrsued New Member

I can't afford a WWII 1911A1, so I got a Sistema Colt 1927 from Argentina from a FB Friend, he sold it to me for a song, the only thing I will have to do is a new extractor, the claw is worn and busted!!

47. backstagejack1

backstagejack1 Well-Known Member

What's the going price for a pack of these babies?

48. ultraman

last time i checked $11.66

49. backstagejack1

backstagejack1 Well-Known Member

wow, not bad.

In researching I see it's owned by Pabst.... so I guess that's not surprising.

50. brandomack

brandomack Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I loved this last season, what a cliffhanger! Thank you Netflix!