Long time coming.. My Sweeney Todd.

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Combat Gerbil

Been wanting to put this together for a couple of years now... finally just said, frell it.. just do it.. so here it is.. Razor is made from modern razor that holds the small blades, with a Dremmel carved handle. Nice n safe for events.

Razor

Last edited:

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

n0regret5

awesome!! could I possibly see a breakdown of the costume layers? really keen to do one myself :D

Combat Gerbil

awesome!! could I possibly see a breakdown of the costume layers? really keen to do one myself :D
Basically it runs like this, White cotton/linen shirt, Brown weathered double breasted vest/waistcoat,(for some reason the vest photographs as grey most of the time) Brown leather belt with D shaped buckle and Razor holster with Silver/steel Rag clip. These were bought from good old Costumebase (on ebay) and then the vest made more accurate. (button placements, shortened lower section seams added to left shoulder and lapel) The wig actually came with the material parts and isn't too bad with a brush out and styling.
The neck scarf was a ladies scarf that was close enough looking that was cut and distressed a little.
The trousers I found on ebay, Blue pinstriped. The fingerless woolen mitts, my wife crocheted for me. and the boots of which I was very luckky and am extremely pleased with I found at a local shoe store. After checking behind the scenes pics, they're pretty darned close. (square toed black ankle boots with zip up inside, yes I know the zip would not have been around in Sweeneys time but they are there on Depps boots)
I made a razor for use, but the handle broke in the end so I managed to find a full metal replica for a mere £15 and bought that. then set to with a file to make the edge safe.

Here's some pics from my first outing last weekend in London.