(Long term care and handling) tune-up video

Rylo

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hey, guys.

Here's a few tips on long term care and handling of the cryocan.

If you notice your 'pop-up' mechanism slowing down or you just want to see how everything fits together, here's a quick bench video for you. :thumbsup

(I'll get a new video up when time permits)

-Rylo

Last edited:
Re: JP Cryocan (Long term care and handling) tune-up video

That was very handy information, thank you for sharing. I often wondered how it went together, but because it's one of my prized pieces I didn't want to muck around and pull it apart just to find out.

I also had a look at your other videos. I have to get one of those working Sandman guns one day!

Thanks!

Some good info there!!!

When I first got my can, I went in a sanded any burs off and also dusted a tiny bit of graphite in there as well. The mechanics are super slick now.

Awesome, good to know. Mine's starting to get stuck halfway up, I'll have to dig into it later.

BTW is there any size difference between the barbasol 10 and 11 ounce cans? I know all the older runs used 11 ounce, but mine is 10. Just curious.
(gotta love the times we're living in, where everything is dropping in size, but raising in price :rolleyes)

Nope, just the number on the can.

They're on the shelf as 10 and 11 OZ. The dimensions are the same and the manufacturer bounces back and forth between the two. They're just skimping on the contents. Thank god they didn't change the size or the correct graphic of the can! I figure it's just a matter of time before they do though leaving us all with antique cans. :)

BTW is there any size difference between the barbasol 10 and 11 ounce cans? I know all the older runs used 11 ounce, but mine is 10. Just curious.
(gotta love the times we're living in, where everything is dropping in size, but raising in price :rolleyes)

Last edited:

Thanks, man. Just doing my part. :thumbsup

I figure it's a good thing to know how to care for a functioning prop for the long haul.

Thanks!

Some good info there!!!

Actually, I feel a little silly now that I realized I have a can of 11 ounce in my bathroom to compare with:facepalm. The grocery store I work at received like 8 pallets of the stuff back in the fall, and we were selling it for less than 50 cents, so I stocked up.

It is surprising that after over 20 years, they still use the same graphics. Stick with what works I guess.

Anyway, I disassembled mine. Sure enough, there was a little burr on the top of the track. Filed that down, and it works like new.

Nope, just the number on the can.

They're on the shelf as 10 and 11 OZ. The dimensions are the same and the manufacturer bounces back and forth between the two. They're just skimping on the contents. Thank god they didn't change the size or the correct graphic of the can! I figure it's just a matter of time before they do though leaving us all with antique cans. :)

Good job! Yeah, there's nothin' to it. :thumbsup

Actually, I feel a little silly now that I realized I have a can of 11 ounce in my bathroom to compare with:facepalm. The grocery store I work at received like 8 pallets of the stuff back in the fall, and we were selling it for less than 50 cents, so I stocked up.

It is surprising that after over 20 years, they still use the same graphics. Stick with what works I guess.

Anyway, I disassembled mine. Sure enough, there was a little burr on the top of the track. Filed that down, and it works like new.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back