Loki Variant Jacket

More sizing info.

Attachments

• 339A5F31-E4A3-42FA-BF29-DC482BC93D43.png
    339A5F31-E4A3-42FA-BF29-DC482BC93D43.png
    22.8 KB · Views: 139
Thank you.
how does it fit you? is it loose? over sized? I am 5'9 and usually wear med to large but looking at the sizes posted I am looking at a small. does the sizing in this jacket run larger?
I think Filson runs larger because they seems to have their items made for layering.

Yes i would say the jackets run a bit large. I can tell by the tapered lines of the jacket on Tom in the show that they had the jacket tailored to fit him. It fits him more like a sport coat and less boxy like the overcoat that it is. I'm looking into having my jacket tailored a bit as well.

They are way marked up but it looks like they have some in stock.

They are way marked up but it looks like they have some in stock.
This actually isn't marked up. That's the price filson charges for them.

Magnoli is basically tackling the whole outfit! (Jacket, shirt, tie, belt buckle)
What do you think the prices will be with Magnoli ? Less expensive than the original jacket ? Probably the same or more I think. I don’t mean that in a negative way. Magnoli makes great gear.
So that link posted with the jacket or @timetoparquet’s offer is a great deal to me!

I can't seem to find the Jacket on the website- can anyone help? Also, what would everyone recommend as a good alternative to the jacket that would work?

Can you link the post? I can't find it.

Edit: found it here Magnoli Clothiers
Also on instagram

Wellll this is awkward. I commented on Magnoli's facebook post about the Loki dress shirt and provided the link about the costume designer, saying it looks like a pale blue to me but is actually white in the show, to help the production process. And it was marked as spam and then hidden!

Wellll this is awkward. I commented on Magnoli's facebook post about the Loki dress shirt and provided the link about the costume designer, saying it looks like a pale blue to me but is actually white in the show, to help the production process. And it was marked as spam and then hidden!
i mean this is the age old argument of do you want your props to look how we see them on screen or should they be accurate to how the props appear in real life? Color grading, post processing, etc. of video can cause things to appear different colors to the audience. Sometimes props are colored one way in real life in order to create a different on screen effect. For example, robocop's armor is actually a shade of green in real life but once it was shot on film and color graded it gave off the perfect silvery metallic sheen they were going for. For loki I personally am going for more of a baby blue shirt because that's how it appears to me on screen but to each their own

i mean this is the age old argument of do you want your props to look how we see them on screen or should they be accurate to how the props appear in real life? Color grading, post processing, etc. of video can cause things to appear different colors to the audience. Sometimes props are colored one way in real life in order to create a different on screen effect. For example, robocop's armor is actually a shade of green in real life but once it was shot on film and color graded it gave off the perfect silvery metallic sheen they were going for. For loki I personally am going for more of a baby blue shirt because that's how it appears to me on screen but to each their own

I always prefer as seen on screen rather than as seen during production

So ordered the fxm jacket in pink. I chose this because it was light enough that dye remover could get it close to white.
mans it was on sale
Removed the color.. check!
Dyed it Chocolate brown with rit dye. Check!
Washed and dried it. Check.
I think it looks pretty good for a close enough.
Don’t know why but the dye was somewhat blotchy so I’m running it through a hot wash again to see if I can even it out. If not I can always redye.
the pics are from what it looked like to what it is now.
not the best pics and I know I know tie dye shirt and board shorts hahaha

thinking of lightly waxing the jacket to get a slight sheen to it.

Attachments

• 6BC2D0A5-BE66-4B1F-90CE-D930FEBC9C99.jpeg
    6BC2D0A5-BE66-4B1F-90CE-D930FEBC9C99.jpeg
    5.1 MB · Views: 175
  • F44B329C-E224-4A3D-BA00-3ED22A8BFFC1.jpeg
    F44B329C-E224-4A3D-BA00-3ED22A8BFFC1.jpeg
    3.9 MB · Views: 192
  • B9DB84E6-0DB9-41A3-A1F5-DAB2B8CD600D.jpeg
    B9DB84E6-0DB9-41A3-A1F5-DAB2B8CD600D.jpeg
    700.3 KB · Views: 197
  • E99A2EF7-04DE-4093-880F-E3E43B7218AC.jpeg
    E99A2EF7-04DE-4093-880F-E3E43B7218AC.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 203
  • 33A68011-918C-4326-A6C2-CB898501125E.jpeg
    33A68011-918C-4326-A6C2-CB898501125E.jpeg
    390.2 KB · Views: 190
The shirt is not actually white, despite that quote. It was inspired by that look, but, in the end, the one onscreen is not white at all.

So ordered the fxm jacket in pink. I chose this because it was light enough that dye remover could get it close to white.
mans it was on sale
Removed the color.. check!
Dyed it Chocolate brown with rit dye. Check!
Washed and dried it. Check.
I think it looks pretty good for a close enough.
Don’t know why but the dye was somewhat blotchy so I’m running it through a hot wash again to see if I can even it out. If not I can always redye.
the pics are from what it looked like to what it is now.
not the best pics and I know I know tie dye shirt and board shorts hahaha

thinking of lightly waxing the jacket to get a slight sheen to it.
Use a heavy, industrial detergent before dyeing (synthraprol, for example).

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back