Loki helmet *with pics of TOM HIDDLESTON wearing it, on page 4!!!*

Yarko

Hello!

I was reciently asked to re-sculpt my Loki helmet in order to make it bigger and fit a bigger head. This has also given me the chance to make it more movie accurate, now that there are better reference images (I'd still need more photos of the real Loki costume, anyone have them?).
I will be posting my progress here! This is how it looks so far. I've just started detailing the right side. When I consider it's good enough, I will make the left one.

I'm using chavant medium clay, and I'm sculpting it over my old helmet.

Here you have the pics:

IMG_1685.jpg

IMG_1689.jpg

IMG_1691.jpg

IMG_1686.jpg

Thanks for watching! :)

Last edited:
Re: Loki helmet (2nd try)

First casting already out from the mould. Next stage: lots of sanding u_u

I do the castings with several layers of polyester resin and fiberglass, aplied with a brush. Horns are attached later, using also resin & fiberglass to glue them and hide the joints.

Thanks!

I'm fixing and sanding the horns right now, so I still don't have new pics. This helmet has to be finished by the end of November, so you'll have more pics soon!

Are you planning to possibly do a run of these in the JY anytime soon at first when I saw the topic title I thought this would be a pepakura helmet but this is pretty astounding.

Are you going to have to run some sort of metal rod to support those horns? It seems so long that it might snap off.

Hi!

Yes, I'm using metal rods for the horns so they don't break during the shipping or while wearing the helmet.

I might do a run of these helmets sometime during/after Christmas... I'll let you know for sure when I've finished the first one.

Amazing. I have always wondered. Does the horns pull the head back or do they sit comfortably on the head?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back