Loin cloth Material Any suggestions

punhulk

Hey guys and ladys

Just wandering anyone have any insight on what materials i should use for my loin cloth was thinking burlap but before i buy a 1/2 yard of some id like to see what any of you guys are using

my build is the pre pro Scarface (some what customized with my own additions) so case you need ref pic here it is
predator_pics.jpg

Just LMK your suggestions

Matt

Last edited by a moderator:
what would be wrong with using an actual peice of hide or leather? I think leather/hise would look good.
~Estelle

just looking at the photo the loin cloth just gives me the impression its more a fabric not a hide or leather but im not opposed to it im looking at that tandys leather now

I like leather but its got to be beaten up and old bfore il use it. I find pieces when I least expect it in funny places and buy it up, the stuff that looks like it been under someones work bench for years :)

Hell... before you dye it, run it over with you car a few times, and maybe rub it on the cement to give it the worn look you would want. Then dye it, so that maybe some of the "stains" you would get would hold in the fabric.

not to sure about the car but ya using sidewalk and rubbing it back and forth be good so you guys agree just go with that made loin and dye it ?

WOOO its awesome to see sombody going with Scarface.. another suggestion is if you have a dog, play tug of war with the cloth to help wear it out too. Get some bite marks in there would look.. neato. (Kinda a joke really) But I would say go with what you have planned. It seems like a good idea to me.. just weather it a lot before you dye it though

You can also use Chamois, those artificial type of cloth used for drying cars. Its soft when wet, hard when dry so you can even sculpt it to shape

uratz interesting never thought about that and i see your point not sure if ill go that rout but thats not a bad suggestion

i really think im leaning on that pre made loin cloth its 100 percent cotton its cut in the exact shape the pre pros cloth is just has to be weathered im going to dye it red to the games color and than just wear it out i think

QUOTE (~Akisha~ @ Aug 7 2010, 08:19 PM)
WOOO its awesome to see sombody going with Scarface.. another suggestion is if you have a dog, play tug of war with the cloth to help wear it out too. Get some bite marks in there would look.. neato. (Kinda a joke really) But I would say go with what you have planned. It seems like a good idea to me.. just weather it a lot before you dye it though

Thanks akisha ya i love scarface and when i saw the pre pro version i fell in love even more so im kind of doing a cross between the actual game version and the prepro with my own little extra touches so its more scarface inspired than anything as i wont be able to say my costume is going to be completely canon accurate

and i do have dogs but there pomeranians and they barely want to chump on hard cookies haha

I know the thread is old but for anyone interested I used cheap vinyl I had laying around, it was red but I airbrushed it brown with dark stains. It really gave it a leather look. I paid $3 for it too.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back