Logo - Walter Donovan - Indiana Jones

pylorns

Screen Shot 2020-05-31 at 7.40.55 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-05-31 at 7.41.55 PM.png

Anyone able to find any other screen grabs of the Walter Donovan plane that Indiana Jones gets into in Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade? I can make out the first part it looks like W Donvan then I can't make it out. Maybe its Company? I'd like to recreate this logo I think.

Yea I believe that the whole logo reads W.DONOVAN D CORPORATION, i tried finding behind the scene photos of the plane and i've discovered the plane model was Douglas C-47B-35-DK Dakota IV Registration N170GP, c/n 16688. Carried military serial 44-77104 and that the scene with it was filmed at North Weald Airfield I found a photo of the plane with the logo at a flat angle but can't find it in high enough resoltion. hopefully this infomation can lead to a decent readable photo of the logo.
912.jpg

Yea I believe that the whole logo reads W.DONOVAN D CORPORATION, i tried finding behind the scene photos of the plane and i've discovered the plane model was Douglas C-47B-35-DK Dakota IV Registration N170GP, c/n 16688. Carried military serial 44-77104 and that the scene with it was filmed at North Weald Airfield I found a photo of the plane with the logo at a flat angle but can't find it in high enough resoltion. hopefully this infomation can lead to a decent readable photo of the logo.
View attachment 1304979
Oh, that's awesome. Thanks!

I've inquired to RVL Aviation (Owner of the Douglas C-47 During the Filming of Last Crusade) If they have any photographs regarding it's appearence in Crusade, haven't heard anything back yet but i hope they can be helpful in this endevour. I know it's not important to the topic at hand but i found it interesting That on the day of filming using the plane it was only 8 Days after the plane was purchased by RVL Aviation from Air Atlantique and that Air Atlantique were the company that gave the plane it's white and blue trim paint job (As seen in the below photograph) So I believe that Lucasfilm just placed the W.DONOVAN D CORPORATION decals on it and used it for the day of filming then removed them again so it may be tricker then I thought to get clear photos of the logo.
C47.png

Oh wow, short usage. Makes sense though, only time you see that plane is the very beginning and never used again.

Added fonts - pretty close. I also added a fictional date for when he might have formed his corporation. I wanted to see if I could find google fonts that were close to do this, so I found Radley font that was a pretty close match. Google Fonts

Attachments

• working-proto-type-draft.png
    working-proto-type-draft.png
    90.6 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:
"It's time to ask yourself what you believe?"
Updated the Letterhead to something I'm more happy with and also designed a Business card alongside it.
I'm thinking of redoing the letter I saw couple years back of Walter inviting Jones but for the life of me can't find it anywhere.
Anyway Enjoy!

Walter Donovan Company Business Card-1.pngWalter Donovan Company Business Card-2.png

Attachments

• Walter Donovan Letterhead V2.pdf
    134.4 KB · Views: 45
This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back