Lockout (trailer)

Wow, Guy Pearce really buffed up for this one. I almost didn't recognize him.

Looks like cheesy good B-movie fun. Cool shuttles, too.

I'm in.

After the first minute or so I stopped seeing elements from other movies and thought it could be pretty good.

Elements that I noticed:

Theme: obvious parallels to Fortress 2
Sounds: many sound like they were taken from Transformers
Vehicles: Batpod/Armageddon shuttle (or the 80's cartoon GI Joe space shuttle).
Scene: the scene with the 'gravity generator' is very similar to the new Mission Impossible scene with Renner and Pegg.
Character: the lead role looks a lot like an Ethan Hunt character in an 'against all odds (ie Mission Impossible) plot.'

Don't get me wrong - I love movies like this - so I hope that it is good...but won't hold my breath!!

Last edited:
Yeah, I saw it Wednesday. I enjoyed it. It's nothing too amazing but guy Pearce made the movie with how much of a smartass he is.

I saw it today. I didn't care for it at all. There is some really terrible editing, the movie just jumps scenes with very little logic or sense of flow. The action stuff, the gun play, very flat and boring. The bad guys just sort of know what they are doing with zero explanation. Some of the CGI was low rent garbage too, that reminded me of Ultraviolet.

I saw it today. I didn't care for it at all. There is some really terrible editing, the movie just jumps scenes with very little logic or sense of flow. The action stuff, the gun play, very flat and boring. The bad guys just sort of know what they are doing with zero explanation. Some of the CGI was low rent garbage too, that reminded me of Ultraviolet.

Took my son to see it today -- he reeeeally wanted to see it. After a while I reeeeeally wanted to leave. I wish they would have locked us out before buying the tickets. Disappointing.

Doug

I won passes from a local comicon to see it last week, and enjoyed it but it did have a few parts that seemed like they were cut badly. My friend looked at me during a part late in the movie and said "Really?" because it seemed thrown in. I did like GP in it though. He played a good smartazz.

Saw this Saturday night, I was very, very excited to see it. Boy was I dissapointed.

Lockout is a horrible movie. Bad dialogue, crappy editing, plotholes galore, and some of the stuff that happens is just plain stupid. (If you can't figure out how to work a computer, shooting the control panel does not magically make the computer do exactly what you want it to do). Guy Pierce and the main psychotic inmate were the only reasons I didn't get up out of my seat and walk out. The movie sucked.

I'm wondering if the original film was butchered in editing in order to adhere to the PG-13 rating or something. A few days before seeing Lockout, I saw the first 5 minutes of it on YouTube. It was noticeably different from the first five minutes I saw in theaters. Most obvious was an abrupt cut-away on a bullet to the head that was 100% visible in the YouTube clip I saw.

Quite frankly, this movie couldn't have ever worked. Why would anyone ever spend the amount of money to put convicts in orbit when they could just put them in a cell on Earth? How is being put in orbit as a punishment cost effective for managing convicts?

Quite frankly, this movie couldn't have ever worked. Why would anyone ever spend the amount of money to put convicts in orbit when they could just put them in a cell on Earth? How is being put in orbit as a punishment cost effective for managing convicts?

Well, they KIND OF explained that, in a really half-assed sort of way.
The whole purpose of the prison was actually to secretly test the effects of space travel and cryopreservation on humans... or something.
It's a shallow sub-plot presented early in the film, and then it's just kind of forgotten...

Well, they KIND OF explained that, in a really half-assed sort of way.
The whole purpose of the prison was actually to secretly test the effects of space travel and cryopreservation on humans... or something.
It's a shallow sub-plot presented early in the film, and then it's just kind of forgotten...

Okay, that's something at least. Otherwise it'd have made no sense whats so ever.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back