lobo gets a movie

According to the producers of the "Superman vs. The Elite" WonderCon panel they want to do some non Batman/Superman animated movies but they needed the continued success of the Sups and Bats movies in order for movies based on other characters to be greenlit.

Well sounds not promising.
All this joker has to do is look at the damn comics! The Main Man is not rocket science.

Why on earth choose Lobo to do a kid friendly film? Of all the characters in the Dc catalog that would work really well in a kid flick, LOBO is what they go with?

thats what i mean. the DC movie people really need to step their game up. marvel is seriously kicking their asses. they should simply go the route of marvel, publish movies of all the main characters, flash, wonder woman, etc and after its done, do a justice league movie.
the material is all there, im seriously doubting their decicion making abilities. well, lets see how lobo plays out

Even the Lobo that was on Superman: the animated series was pretty tame but Michael Ironside voiced him so it was fine with me.

the thing is, im kinda ok with this cast.

the important thing about lobo is his appearance. it is supposed to be intimidating. and im pretty sure "the rock" is pretty intimidating.
I dont know how well he can portray the: "there is nothing good about me" attitude, but as i see it, lobo is pretty over the top, so it can be acted in a lot of different ways.

Johnson is not a bad actor, he is no oscar-performer, but he is decent at what he does, action. And im pretty sure a lobo movie will have lots and lots of action.

so to summarize: perfect body type, decent actor, possibly a good cast (we will have to wait for footage to say for sure anyway)

I won't rule out he can pull it off if he does his homework.

The Lobo comic sense of humor is unique to say the least.
How that will stay intact on film is concerning. It's ultraviolent
parody upon parody at times. Will they chicken out when it counts most
to portray that?

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back