lobo gets a movie

Anything less than an R rating would be a disservice to the character. And space dolphins are a must.

I would expect a disservice than. Any of these Marvel or DC movies will not make as much money if it is R Rated. Even though films like Batman are SUPER DARK and fairly edge-y, comparatively speaking....... They still are rated PG-13 for a reason. Families. Kids still wanna see these movies, and families want to be able to take them. Action figures, licensing deals, all that nonsense. Lobo will fall in line w/the rest when push comes to shove. It doesn't mean it was a bad movie, just look at the past 2 Batmans & The Avengers. But it won't be R rated. I would almost be willing to bet on it.

DC is becoming the Research in Motion (Blackberry) of the comics/entertainment industry.

Such a fun character though, any quality film about him would have to be super-mega ridiculous with a very hard "R". Just get the idea of a PG-13 Lobo out of your head, DC.

Also, a score by Mastodon would be most excellent.

DC is becoming the Research in Motion (Blackberry) of the comics/entertainment industry.

Such a fun character though, any quality film about him would have to be super-mega ridiculous with a very hard "R". Just get the idea of a PG-13 Lobo out of your head, DC.

Also, a score by Mastodon would be most excellent.

They'll go for PG-13 and score it with ...ahh , what's that chicks name.....oh ya, justine bieber

hey I like Evanescence, although not for scoring a movie LOL

Sorry, no offense meant. I like their singles at least, or what I've heard. But I also think they have a broader appeal then just rock fans or hard rock fans. Lobo is great, but certainly not well known amongst the public. Which is why I said it would be hard to make money on this movie and not appeal to a broader audience. If they just wanted to cater to Lobo fans, they can, but they won't pull in the general public. IMO.

I never knew of Lobo for years until I just happened on the guy and his adventures (mis-adventures?) one day,and I must say I like him.

But face it you need to do an over-the-top parody/comedy take on superhero films if you wanna get Lobo right,and it has to be R rated.
now they did do Constantine in R rating if I remember right,so doing this that way could work as long as you keep the humor thick and the violence flowing.

I'll just wait and see what they come up with.

Even the Lobo that was on Superman: the animated series was pretty tame but Michael Ironside voiced him so it was fine with me.

Brad Garrett was Lobo. Michael Ironside was Darkseid and the TDKR Batman from the "Legends of the Dark Knight" episode.

I'm genuinely curious to see this, just to see if DC can produce a decent film anymore that isn't based on Batman.

Sorry, no offense meant. I like their singles at least, or what I've heard. But I also think they have a broader appeal then just rock fans or hard rock fans. Lobo is great, but certainly not well known amongst the public. Which is why I said it would be hard to make money on this movie and not appeal to a broader audience. If they just wanted to cater to Lobo fans, they can, but they won't pull in the general public. IMO.

no offense taken. :thumbsup

and I agree

Re: oh god no...Lobo movie coming, starring....

Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson.

uuggghh

Dwayne ‘THE ROCK’ Johnson has confirmed he will play Lobo in a film adaption of the DC comic character… | World of Superheroes

how many ways will the completely WRECK this venture?

*EDIT...oops, I completely forgot about this thread....that I posted in.....LMAO yeah I need a vacation.

While I have no real problems with The Rock playing Lobo in and of itself, he certainly has the physique, I am kind of concerned about what might be behind the casting. Considering that The Rock, in recent years, has been doing more and more family friendly films I'm not too sure that he'd be willing to do an R-rated Lobo movie which means that he's being cast because the movie will be, relatively, family friendly.

Re: oh god no...Lobo movie coming, starring....

While I have no real problems with The Rock playing Lobo in and of itself, he certainly has the physique, I am kind of concerned about what might be behind the casting. Considering that The Rock, in recent years, has been doing more and more family friendly films I'm not too sure that he'd be willing to do an R-rated Lobo movie which means that he's being cast because the movie will be, relatively, family friendly.

All I had to see was the pile of crap movie "Doom" to form my opinion on how this venture will go. Don't get me wrong though, I LIKE "the Rock" and have enjoyed him in multiple movies but I think these types of roles are just not a good fit. Sure, physique wise he fits the bill perfectly but I have serious doubts to his ability to portray Lobo's insanity. At least in the case of the potential Deadpool with Ryan Reynolds I can at least see Reynolds pulling off the role well.

Hmmm, what about Jeffrey Dean Morgan? The actor who played The Comedian in Watchman. Grow his hair longer, keep the muscles, make the skin white, instead of Comedian's mask, add in the paint. Maybe? I don't know I think he could do a good job.

jeffrey dean morgan is by far not big enough.

the reason i can see johnson pulling it off is walking tall.
he also never was "playing" a nice guy on WWE.
fast 5 wasnt too bad either (the movie wasnt too good, but johnson did well)
have to wait for GI joe for another potential reference

Jeffrey Dean Morgan is 6'2" he's tall enough. Dwayne is only 3 inches taller. Jeffrey could gain a little more muscle mass for the role. I think he has the attitude and charisma for the role. Not to mention you can easily make someone look bigger than they should. Hell Westley Snipes is 5'9 and he looked big for Blade. Hell he even wants to play Lobo.

lobo_jeffrey_dean_morgan.jpg

As much as I like Dwayne "the Rock" Johnson he's not exactly that awesome of an actor. No matter what he does it's like, watching The Rock in every role.

i didnt mean height, im just saying morgan can never have the mass that johnson has.

I would rather have a better actor than bigger muscles. That is why Hemsworth is a better Thor than HHH.

It's not all about size. Mckellan and Fassbender don't look like Magneto from the comics, but both played him well.

I would rather have a better actor than bigger muscles. That is why Hemsworth is a better Thor than HHH.

Is that serious? HHH as in Hunter Herst Helmsley??? Triple H? Was he ever actually seriously considered to play Thor? Hey, I agree, he looks the part. But god, I would have never seen that movie.

Hmmm, what about Jeffrey Dean Morgan? The actor who played The Comedian in Watchman. Grow his hair longer, keep the muscles, make the skin white, instead of Comedian's mask, add in the paint. Maybe? I don't know I think he could do a good job.

oooh...there's a thought, I could see that :thumbsup

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back