lobo gets a movie

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Riceball

Sr Member
According to the producers of the "Superman vs. The Elite" WonderCon panel they want to do some non Batman/Superman animated movies but they needed the continued success of the Sups and Bats movies in order for movies based on other characters to be greenlit.

Wes R

Legendary Member
Unless it's animated it'll suck. DC needs to stick to doing animated movies, it's what they do best.

SmilingOtter

Master Member
I'd be pleased if they got the guy from the Paramilitary Special to play him, but otherwise I'm cautiously pessimistic.

CessnaDriver

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Well sounds not promising.
All this joker has to do is look at the damn comics! The Main Man is not rocket science.

Noeland

Sr Member
Why on earth choose Lobo to do a kid friendly film? Of all the characters in the Dc catalog that would work really well in a kid flick, LOBO is what they go with?

EyeofSauron

Master Member
thats what i mean. the DC movie people really need to step their game up. marvel is seriously kicking their asses. they should simply go the route of marvel, publish movies of all the main characters, flash, wonder woman, etc and after its done, do a justice league movie.
the material is all there, im seriously doubting their decicion making abilities. well, lets see how lobo plays out

Wes R

Legendary Member
Even the Lobo that was on Superman: the animated series was pretty tame but Michael Ironside voiced him so it was fine with me.

EyeofSauron

Master Member
the thing is, im kinda ok with this cast.

the important thing about lobo is his appearance. it is supposed to be intimidating. and im pretty sure "the rock" is pretty intimidating.
I dont know how well he can portray the: "there is nothing good about me" attitude, but as i see it, lobo is pretty over the top, so it can be acted in a lot of different ways.

Johnson is not a bad actor, he is no oscar-performer, but he is decent at what he does, action. And im pretty sure a lobo movie will have lots and lots of action.

so to summarize: perfect body type, decent actor, possibly a good cast (we will have to wait for footage to say for sure anyway)

CessnaDriver

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I won't rule out he can pull it off if he does his homework.

The Lobo comic sense of humor is unique to say the least.
How that will stay intact on film is concerning. It's ultraviolent
parody upon parody at times. Will they chicken out when it counts most
to portray that?

infymys

Sr Member
Anything less than an R rating would be a disservice to the character. And space dolphins are a must.