Loads of ANH Stormtrooper buckets - my "outside Shepperton studios" replica ;)

R2Dan

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hi guys!

Some of you know it already, I'm building 15 (yep, fifteen) RS Propmasters ANH Stormtrooper suits right now (no, they're NOT all for me... although that would be quite a display :D).

I have a "picture diary" of the build marathon on Facebook, but this pic is just too awesome not to share on here as well:

419144_1928999200358_1703576618_1037295_1215553340_n.jpg

I know, it's not quite as many lids as on the Elstree shot, but it's still quite a sight :D Especially with the crowning glory on top!

If you want to check out the other pics, here is the link to the gallery (it's open and public, you don't need to befriend me - although you're welcome to! In fact, you don't even need a Facebook account! ;)):

Dan's RS Prop Masters build marathon | Facebook

Last edited:
Sorry, but this one stays right were it is. I know it's all green and bumpy, but it was a present... you know you have to honour a present, no matter how crappy it might be ;)

Nice pic mate.... Can't wait to see the shop front!....The trick is to have just the right amount of used chewing gum stuck to the pavement... But I'm sure you'll pull it off.

Something inside me wants to run towards them like a wild bull and crash in to them...:rolleyes Awesome pic BTW

That is just a sexy picture! :love

Only on the RPF would you ever read a comment like that about a pile of trooper buckets. :lol

neither.

It is PPE, and it looks and feels like the real lid Simon has (the green shade is just like the one of the lighter faceplate on the real lid as well). HDPE test pulls have a very different haptic quality compared to the real deal, they feel very greasy.

This stuff also is a new old stock, and it's similar to HDPE in the way it forms. I wouldn't be surprised if the popular belief that the original ones were HDPE is just a little off, as this stuff is similar, but came in the right colour and gauge off the shelf, while noone has been able to find HDPE matching these criteria.

To me, this is the ultimate replica. And I'm very honoured Rob and Si brought me one of these beauties! I'm still torn whether I should paint it at all or just leave it as is.

Last edited:
Incredible sight. Thanks for sharing. Those suits will take up a lot of room. If you need to unload a r2 or two to make space let me know =) haha

I love the PPE helmet. Always wanted a HDPE or similar helmet.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back