Live fire aliens m41a pulse rifle

Evilhat3e

Well I've got all the parts I need and the fitting has begun. One of the things I'm stumped on is how the hcg aluminum shroud should be secured. I know it clam shells around the thompson but I want it to be more secure. Did they add anything to the movie thompsons to make the shrouds fit tighter?

Yes all nfa laws are being followed it will be registered before I cut the barrels

Did you e-file for the SBR/SBS stamps? Last time I did one it came back in less than a month. That kind of turn around time had me very interested in doing this. The shrouds and the Spaz 12 cage are what's holding me back though.

Did you e-file for the SBR/SBS stamps? Last time I did one it came back in less than a month. That kind of turn around time had me very interested in doing this. The shrouds and the Spaz 12 cage are what's holding me back though.
Yeah im looking into the stamps today. I've been building it with legal length barrels with the intent of sbr sbsing it once I'm done and cutting them down when I get approved. But yeah your going to have to just buy a Spas 12 and cut it up

Yeah im looking into the stamps today. I've been building it with legal length barrels with the intent of sbr sbsing it once I'm done and cutting them down when I get approved. But yeah your going to have to just buy a Spas 12 and cut it up

I assume this is a semi-auto Auto-Ord replica?

If so, be aware that you won't get the exact correct profile barrel for an authentic WWII M1 or M1A1 if you just cut the existing barrel down to the correct length. The barrel profile on the 16" barrel is different than that of the true SMG barrel. (Which I think is 11"? Off the top of my head I can't recall for sure).

The reason I know this is that re-enactors or shooters who want to more closely replicate the look of the WWII Thompson with the shorter barrel will instead remove and replace the 16" barrel with the correct profile original SMG barrel instead of cutting down the 16" tube.

That may not be a consideration for you in this build. Just thought I'd mention it if you weren't aware of it, just in case it matters.

Btw, nice build so far. I've got one planned for when I have the cash. Gonna go with a semi-auto and dummy shotgun to avoid the second tax stamp. (Just one for SBR). If I ever have enough free cash for a real Thompson SMG I'd do a build that will be more easily converted back and forth between stock GI gun and Pulse Rifle.

(And yeah, I know how expensive registered Thompsons are, even AO SMG's. I already own a registered Uzi and a Thompson is on my list if I can get enough together to buy a second SMG)

Last edited:
I assume this is a semi-auto Auto-Ord replica?

If so, be aware that you won't get the exact correct profile barrel for an authentic WWII M1 or M1A1 if you just cut the existing barrel down to the correct length. The barrel profile on the 16" barrel is different than that of the true SMG barrel. (Which I think is 11"? Off the top of my head I can't recall for sure).

The reason I know this is that re-enactors or shooters who want to more closely replicate the look of the WWII Thompson with the shorter barrel will instead remove and replace the 16" barrel with the correct profile original SMG barrel instead of cutting down the 16" tube.

That may not be a consideration for you in this build. Just thought I'd mention it if you weren't aware of it, just in case it matters.

Btw, nice build so far. I've got one planned for when I have the cash. Gonna go with a semi-auto and dummy shotgun to avoid the second tax stamp. (Just one for SBR). If I ever have enough free cash for a real Thompson SMG I'd do a build that will be more easily converted back and forth between stock GI gun and Pulse Rifle.

(And yeah, I know how expensive registered Thompsons are, even AO SMG's. I already own a registered Uzi and a Thompson is on my list if I can get enough together to buy a second SMG
I plan to use the barrel it came with but instead of cutting it down I'm going to cut it from the rear and re chamber it. If you do that it should give you the correct profile

Last edited:
So Friday I began fitting the reciever to the shroud. Issues I ran into are well the thompson hcg isn't exactly accurate on where all the pins and switches are in the fcg so the slots are off. Further more the semi auto thompson differs from the full auto thompson so I had to make some slots bigger and create new ones.

Next thing I did was modify the thompson reciever. Because I plan to buy a full auto transferable Thompson one day and put it in this replica I don't want to modify the shroud too much. So I took off .0300 off of each side of the thompson reciever and she fits like a glove in the shoud.

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back