Little and Large apollo moon suits

shedifice

Hi from England.

My son wants to build a replica apollo era space suit. He is space mad, loves astronomy and plans to either be the head of NASA or an astronaut, not too ambitious!

I agreed to build a space suit with him and if I remember will try to keep this updated. Its titled little and large as I will likely knock up one for me too ( he is 4'6 and I am 6'2. Thanks for all the info on forum so far, its really useful an inspiring.

Below is tonight's first step into making a mini snoopy cap.

Q1 - anyone have a source for the small holed fine spandex? in the UK I can only find airtex with large holes in it.

Leigh

20220725_203518.jpg

Hi from England.

My son wants to build a replica apollo era space suit. He is space mad, loves astronomy and plans to either be the head of NASA or an astronaut, not too ambitious!

I agreed to build a space suit with him and if I remember will try to keep this updated. Its titled little and large as I will likely knock up one for me too ( he is 4'6 and I am 6'2. Thanks for all the info on forum so far, its really useful an inspiring.

Below is tonight's first step into making a mini snoopy cap.

Q1 - anyone have a source for the small holed fine spandex? in the UK I can only find airtex with large holes in it.

Leigh
Power Mesh is what your looking for. Here is a link to a UK store, but they say they don't carry it any more, but perhaps it will give you a direction to search.

The sides are a brown Teflon (PTFE) fabric, it's expensive and only available from a couple of suppliers in the US. I'm not sure if anyone has it in the UK. As I understand it, it's often used as a filter fabric for harsh environments.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back