Well, scottjua what would you like me to do about that? I can understand your frustration.
I can remove the pics that you lay claim to, or give you a shoutout as a generous patron of knowledge.
The pics in the first and second posts were all posted publicly and I have not removed any watermarks.
Dick is a common nickname for Richard, it was just lighthearted wordplay.

scarf man can I make a suggestion. You may want to put Echo 3 and Echo 7 together. Lessen the confusion as to the blaster itself. It’s already confusing as is with all the different variations. People may believe now that there are two different Hoth versions. Yes it’s obvious that they did have infact two blaster props on set in Norway but it’s not obvious as to how they where used. The pictures of the actors (Mark & Harrison) holding them looks to be the exact same “Hoth” prop itself. Not different ones. Just an FYI you may want to consider..
8609CEE9-03CE-44A3-B348-C1B7D591840A.png

Last edited:
I’m still interested in continuing to curate the info. and pics in this thread. I’ve not heard back from scottjua about what he would like me to do about his pics, or indeed which pics he owns, so I’ve decided to leave the pics alone for a bit.
If you see the value to the community inherent in threads like these, please bump up this thread and participate.
I‘m still looking for clear moderately sized pics or screen grabs of the ESB Bespin, ROTJ weird bunker, Stembridge, and ROTJ hero props.

Last edited:
I don't think any of these are "owned" by anyone, and none of them are private images. Please correct me RPF if there is something I missed. I found these through pintrest, the RPF and google over the years, or screenshotted them from the movie myself. The PropBlog shot was color corrected by someone on here publicly

I don't have many good ESB ones that aren't Scott's :D

ESB Heroes
hanblaster.jpg
Luke-Skywalker-with-a-blaster-gun-in-the-Empire-Strikes-Back.jpg

ROTJ "Hero" (I think this was meant to be the hero with pop rivets)
fixed11.jpg

Bunker
Screen Shot 2020-05-05 at 1.14.46 AM.png
84038268_10105703368056675_5266421402944143360_o.jpg

Stembridge
Stembridgeback.jpg
Screen Shot 2020-05-05 at 12.59.45 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-11-04 at 9.05.39 PM.png
vlcsnap-2017-01-31-18h08m41s80.jpg
vlcsnap-2017-01-31-18h07m41s35.jpg

The base gun was fitted with a bull barrel by film armorers Bapty & Co. for the film “The Naked Runner” 1967, staring Frank Sinatra. That same gun was later rented from Bapty by the production “The Star Wars” in 1976.
View attachment 1472832
View attachment 1472833
I knew this about the blaster prop. It really tickled me in Solo when Beckett started taking all the sniper parts off the pistol before he gave it to Han. I'd love to talk to someone in the prop department and see if it was on purpose.

I just filled in a bit on the ROTJ hero.
Still seeking any good pics of the Stembrigde live firing blaster, & the ESB Bespin.
As always, archives, bts, & stills are much appreciated.

Last edited:
Halliwax,
I’m a visual learner as well.
Anyway, SethS has the lightsabers covered brilliantly, and I can’t think of another prop with confusing variants to tackle. Maybe the E-11 stormtrooper blaster?

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back