I want to add the Hoth DL44 has an aluminum flash hider. We learned this when it was displayed in Japan recently. And the bracket is bolted to a solid mount, which is fixed through the lower frame. Weirdly unique.

I want to add the Hoth DL44 has an aluminum flash hider. We learned this when it was displayed in Japan recently. And the bracket is bolted to a solid mount, which is fixed through the lower frame. Weirdly unique.
Can you point me to that discussion? I’d like to have a little more context.

DL-44 ESB Blaster Discussion - Greeblies POST 208
Aluminum FH

The mount spacer, from screencaps on the Today show with Al Roker is obviously solid metal with crap all over it. The hex nuts on the other side don't line up, meaning they hold the mount to the gun, and the 3 screws are a separate attachment entirely.

edit - at least we know for sure the hex nuts don't line up, and hold the spacer on. Maybe we didn't confirm it's solid, but I don't see how it couldn't be with those hex nuts lol

Last edited:
Did you ever finish covering the Bespin and Dagobah blasters?

There isn’t a whole lot of info on either of those blasters sadly. To this day there isn’t one picture of either of the two Bespins available that isn’t a screen grab or a promotion shot.

For the Dagobah/Muppet/stunt blaster there is some good pics but there’s also two different version as well. Subtle differences in each of their mounts design. Which one was used where and when isn’t exactly clear from my understanding either.

Aluminum FH

The mount spacer, from screencaps on the Today show with Al Roker is obviously solid metal with crap all over it. The hex nuts on the other side don't line up, meaning they hold the mount to the gun, and the 3 screws are a separate attachment entirely.

edit - at least we know for sure the hex nuts don't line up, and hold the spacer on. Maybe we didn't confirm it's solid, but I don't see how it couldn't be with those hex nuts lol
Thanks thd9791 for bringing that to my attention, I must have missed it the first time around.
mortifactor thanks for your write up on what you observed at the exhibit, it was illuminating.

I as well love to help fellas! Regardless what some may say.

That write up was/is a bible for me. I referenced it religiously when originally creating my own Hoth parts back in early ‘17. I still reference it to this day. Some conflicting information about the spacer though..

Maybe we can discuss it here? This quote is taken directly from that thread..

The spacer is made from 2 things. An approx 8mm brass thing, straight edges. Ontop of this is some silvery metal thats about 2mm thick. They are identical diameters and are about 2.5mm wider in diameter than the thorens above.
-Actually, the thinner spacer component looked the same thickness as the thorens but was 2.5mm (ish) wider.
” - mortifactor

Here’s a Hoth “replica” build from Aug 2020 and in it you can clearly see I not only reference that thread but also give credit to an individual who has another take on this spacer itself.

Here are some more good pics of this (two or one part?) spacer. Credit was again openly given and this was originally posted even earlier back in 2019.

I was given these photos to share publicly because I was told someone (honestly I can’t say who) was trying to keep them under wraps. By the way these photos where (and still are) on the World Wide Web for everyone to see.

Here you can make up your own mind. This is the only known public picture of this spacer as of today I believe. Here you can decide for yourself..
8E738E56-4C1D-4689-9F67-9EC6C2E7774A.png
55DBC417-D5A9-46F0-8105-F52C161BB284.png

Last edited:
The reason I started this thread, and it’s sister thread on the Luke ROTJ sabers, was because many of the discussions draw out into fifty to a hundred page daunting reads. I wanted to keep the beginning post simple and easy to assimilate, packed with updated current information.
My hope is that members are finding this thread, and getting their initial questions answered, only to find that the rabbit hole goes much deeper.

If for some reason my participation drops off to the point you can’t reach me, like I kick the bucket or get banned, the staff can update the first few posts with any pertinent new information.
For now any petitions for additions can be posted here or sent privately.

Last edited:
I already answered but if you have any questions about those particular blasters, feel free to open the dialogue.

Sure! I actually visited this thread looking for info on the Luke Bespin. For the longest time I thought people were saying it was an MGC base. Was it being a real Mauser only a recent discovery? That means the only MGC based blasters are the Greedo, Han Hoth, and Dagobah, correct?

Sure! I actually visited this thread looking for info on the Luke Bespin. For the longest time I thought people were saying it was an MGC base. Was it being a real Mauser only a recent discovery? That means the only MGC based blasters are the Greedo, Han Hoth, and Dagobah, correct?
Firstly recently is relative, so I’d say no, it’s been known for years that the Bespin blaster was an actual Mauser. Secondly not quite, there were MGCs used in ROTJ as well.

On Dagobah Luke is actually seen with two different blasters as an FYI. As far as it being a recent discovery.. I’m not sure about that. It seems pretty clear from some of the promo pics and film stills as to what it was. But I could be wrong.

This one used in these scenes are believed to be a resin casting..
0B9A8717-9449-4271-8847-5510E4E1750D.png

And these scenes are believed to be the Bespin style blasters. These props are built on live fire c96. It’s disputable as to which one of the two Bespins (3/4 or full light port) he is actually carrying though..
D290828B-76C5-4B0A-97D5-81D1E3E67F48.png
FF925C4E-5CDD-447B-BF1C-37BE03E7F10A.png

Last edited:
I as well love to help fellas! Regardless what some may say.

That write up was/is a bible for me. I referenced it religiously when originally creating my own Hoth parts back in early ‘17. I still reference it to this day. Some conflicting information about the spacer though..

Maybe we can discuss it here? This quote is taken directly from that thread..

The spacer is made from 2 things. An approx 8mm brass thing, straight edges. Ontop of this is some silvery metal thats about 2mm thick. They are identical diameters and are about 2.5mm wider in diameter than the thorens above.
-Actually, the thinner spacer component looked the same thickness as the thorens but was 2.5mm (ish) wider.
” - mortifactor

Here’s a Hoth “replica” build from Aug 2020 and in it you can clearly see I not only reference that thread but also give credit to an individual who has another take on this spacer itself.

Here are some more good pics of this (two or one part?) spacer. Credit was again openly given and this was originally posted even earlier back in 2019.

I was given these photos to share publicly because I was told someone (honestly I can’t say who) was trying to keep them under wraps. By the way these photos where (and still are) on the World Wide Web for everyone to see.

Here you can make up your own mind. This is the only known public picture of this spacer as of today I believe. Here you can decide for yourself..View attachment 1559299View attachment 1559294
I have to drag out my external hard drive again. Basically the available reference doesnt show clear seam line on all sides, it shows some messy variations in color. Back on Hoth the color is less noticeable, and we have a couple angles of it. The other obvious problem are the hex nuts that dont line up with the plate on the bracket. Those screws are coming from somewhere in between. I'll come back with some reference in a sec

Okay, sorry about that. Yea, so, noticing that a) the nuts do not line up to the bracket screws... so the bracket screws do not go all the way through, and the nuts are on some threading that has another purpose.

SpacerLinedUpWithNut.jpg

b) two stacked items would show a straight line around the whole thing and I can't find one straight lengthwise line anywhere on the spacer. There is yellow staining on the spacer, leaving a metal colored area on the front, which might be what Mortifactor was seeing without realizing it. Given the placement of the nuts, the easiest way to do this is to glue the spacer to the gun first, and drill through. You need the holes to be straight and the spacer to be tilted, as both sides of the magazine are at different angles. It was a complicated project and I did it by hand.

BWHoth.jpg
HothBracketback.png
HothDL44Screencap.png

thd9791 ya these blasters are like onions.. many layers to be pealed for sure! Is it possible the hex nuts on the greeblies are simply cosmetic? Also are you saying that you think the spacer is “bronze” simply because of a discoloration from glue possibly and the front is it’s original color of silver metal? Not trying to put words into your mouth., just trying to see if I understand u correctly?

One thing that keeps me coming back to what Mortifactor said (and saw) was he had no objective outside of simply reporting honestly. He was also very close to it as well so it’s hard to believe he possibly misunderstood what he was looking at?? I asked him once if it was possible that he made a mistake and if I remember correctly he said something along the lines of.. it was awhile ago but if that’s what I wrote then that’s what I saw.. kind of thing.

I guess it’s mostly just speciation at this point. ?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back