List the DL-44 blaster props ANH through ROTJ

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

scarf man

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
The ANH to ROTJ DL44 blasters, Identification thread
*Glossary near the bottom of the post.

Star Wars (ANH) 1977
___________________________________________________________________________________

Han Solo‘s hero (Docking bay 94 escape, Melinneum Falcon interior, and Yavin scenes)
[Mauser C-96 with bull barrel from Bapty & Co.]
[MG81 flash hider]
[Hensoldt Wetzlar 3x scope]
[Scope mounting cradle and bracket, possibly custom]
[Hawker Tomtit model plane parts by Veron used as greeblies]

316210BC-7309-422A-9BAB-A9ADB4732ED0.jpeg

1625284449927.jpeg

AF0F49AB-D286-4876-B4B1-D59C3B1C04AC.jpeg

390D82ED-9D28-4E10-A6D6-F0AFA05B6473.jpeg

The base gun was fitted with a bull barrel by film armorers Bapty & Co. for the film “The Naked Runner” 1967, staring Frank Sinatra. That same gun was later rented from Bapty by the production “The Star Wars” in 1976.
96287AA6-C156-4AB7-AA3F-A22CD72E92B3.jpeg

3BA0CAE2-2545-4E86-B153-E63F4CC2FC7E.jpeg

The scope cradle was used in the film “Sitting Target” 1972, starring Oliver Reed. Another Bapty rental presumably.
43C8B32D-B699-4126-8A52-9D8DA7B20C10.jpeg

This base gun, rented from Bapty, was also utilized by the production team for castings which were used to make several other props in the film such as the Merr Sonn power 5, and the resin stunt prop later used for the Dagobah and Bespin duel scenes in ESB.
B6AE87AE-4785-46A1-836B-4A71C45256D8.jpeg

C2FF08AB-EF0F-4753-8815-D4EE32DCE143.jpeg

E324D9AA-BFF4-48CC-B9E2-F38930988C1B.png

Discussion here:

Han Solo’s Greedo killer (Cantina insert shot where Han shoots Greedo)
[MGC Mauser C-96]
[Compac Super scope]
[M-9 flash hider]
[greeblies]
3FEDEAD7-9EA0-4C9A-9957-E0665B8BDBBA.jpeg

7691BA00-7092-46B7-9ADA-5921DA490837.jpeg

6734E1DE-7F93-4E41-ABE6-96EC161F2B79.jpeg

ED1AB3E7-93ED-4654-B5BB-65B976EA92E8.jpeg

*Glossary:

Hero
, shorthand for hero prop as used in a closeup shot
Greeblie, a detail piece added to a prop or model to spruce up its appearance or aide in construction.
Bull Barrel, a thick walled barrel for a firearm that does not taper.
ANH, ESB, ROTJ, shorthand for the titles of the Star Wars films.
MGC, stands for Model Gun Corporation, a Japanese company that made high quality non firing models of popular firearms.

More to come…

So, similar to my old thread on Luke’s ROTJ sabers, post your pics, objections, theories, etc…
and I will take all the credit (ahem) good stuff, and add to the initial post as a primer on the subject at han, I mean hand.

I’ll be adding to this piecemeal, so it may take a few days or weeks to get everything uploaded and in the proper section. Have at it RPF!

Photo credits: Inquisitor Peregrinus, chubsANDdoggers, lonepigeon, thd9791, deadbolt, H0llyw00d, Vanitas

Disclaimer: I claim no rights but fair use to these publicly available previously posted pictures, don’t be a Richard about it.

Last edited:

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

scarf man

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
The Empire Strikes Back 1980

Echo 3, Rogue Leader, Commander
Luke Skywalker’s Hoth blaster
( Hoth scenes Finse, Norway)
[ MGC Mauser C-96]
[ M19 tank scope]
[V8 model parts]
[Greeblies]

5760651D-8E27-4FA9-B0D1-1E014EDE2254.jpeg

EC8CF010-B85A-41DD-BE76-130B20FFDFBC.jpeg

F7145BDD-CCA7-4BC1-B1FB-7BD3B71BAB8F.jpeg

C78A8A3C-337C-47C4-A7E8-4596762EA550.png

Discussion here:

Echo 7, Captain, scruffy looking nerf herder
Han Solo’s Hoth blaster
(Hoth scenes Finse, Norway)
[same prop as above]
18D1ED11-792A-451D-8F9E-583F4F0051E3.jpeg

A471B8FF-BBD5-4ED1-832C-E8D29C4D3465.jpeg

C1B44418-DE26-4A54-AEFD-0040D7A36450.jpeg

…stay tuned for Bespin
3DF6D5D4-B97F-4EEF-BCBE-B1A6F9123979.jpeg

Last edited:

scarf man

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
That’s a great visual guide chubsANDdoggers, I’m aiming at somewhere in-between your picture and SethS e-book for lightsabers. I want to create a short guide that packs a lot of differentiating information for newer members to glance through.
Much like my other thread on Luke’s sabers, I’d like to have reference pics, behind the scenes pics, movie stills, and a brief description of parts and what scenes they were in.

I‘m currently hunting for Han Solo ROTJ bunker blaster pics, the one with the reused Hensoldt scope and weird looking barrel.

Last edited:

chubsANDdoggers

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
That’s a great visual guide chubsANDdoggers, I’m aiming at somewhere in-between your picture and SethS e-book for lightsabers. I want to create a short guide that packs a lot of differentiating information for newer members to glance through.
Much like my other thread on Luke’s saber, I’d like to have reference pics, behind the scenes pics, movie stills, and a brief description of parts and what scenes they were in.
I think this is all a great idea! I’ve almost started this exact same threat myself as I have lots and lots of all those pics u just mentioned. Years worth of research in fact. Only issue that has keep me from doing just this is simply because there are some very respected members here on RPF that are very sensitive to certain pictures being reposted without their specific permission. I can’t begin to tell who or where I got all my pictures from and have decided it’s not worth the hassle or finger pointing that comes along with doing what it is ur trying to do. But I love this idea and I’ll be following closely.. helping where I can.

Is this your lightsaber thread u mentioned?

scarf man

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I totally understand.
I however, have let’s say, a reputation for lack of a better word. I do keep things to myself if asked, but owe no allegiance to any particular group within or with-out the RPF.
This thread is all about identifying what is what, not the minutiae.
If I can find a pic posted publicly, and it helps someone differentiate between blasters, I’m posting it here, with credit if I can.

Yeah, that’s the one chubsANDdoggers, it was, and continues to be a group effort.

Last edited:

chubsANDdoggers

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
ALL my pictures were originally posted publicly. They where found either here (RPF) or elsewhere.. but they where all originally posted in one thread or another. Hopefully your reputation will protect you against what I have had to deal with privately. Good luck to you sir!

That’s a great saber thread! Top shelf stuff (y)

Last edited:

scarf man

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Thanks for doing this! hopefully it goes down in history like your ROTJ saber one
My pleasure to help out wherever I can. I just hope that this thread will come up in searches easily enough to make a difference for the forum.
Posts, views, tags, key words, and obviously good info. is what this thread needs to succeed.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.