list of Supplies/suppliers in Germany/Europe in General

Re: any germans have a good foam supply?

There are several sources for "foam", but it all depends on what type you´re looking for, of course.

"Moosgummi" or regular open cell foam can be used for padding of helmets/ armor.
Insulation foam is often used for making cost-effektive base-struktures for helmet builds.
There´s also high density foamboard, used for prototyping, model-building and such...pretty much like balsa-foam (PRICEY, I tell you ;))

I could also use some of these EVA matts, but they seem to be impossible to find here in Germany...at least for a reasonable price :cry

Anyone found a source for these yet?

Markus
s

you wont be happy with that, its very porous, as it says in the description and as you can see in the pic. you want a flat surface with as little pores as possible

added your link to the first post :)

cheap white glue
Soudal HOLZLEIM PRO 30 D 5 kg Kanister

also saw some cheap insulation mats at the Toom Baumarkt today, but couldn't test them for flexibility extensively. They were made from "extrudiertem Polystyrol", they come in 7mm and 4mm...price for 4m² was around 15 euros. Possibly not worth working with..but you never know. I did bend them as much as I could in the package. At least they didnt look like they would crack very fast.

Last edited:
I got a question - is there a good putty for model building which fills pinholes and grooves? I only know Plasto putyy by Revell, but it's not that easy to work with.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back