list of Supplies/suppliers in Germany/Europe in General

EyeofSauron

Master Member
well, i changed the thread title, cause i thought this would be better, and more usefull for anyone. lets make a List of Supplies/suppliers in Europe, so people can get stuff easier.

so, lets start with the basics:

Resin, Filler, Fibreglass, Casting materials:
http://www.phd-24.de/, www.fiberglasdiskont.de, Startseite KauPo Plankenhorn e.K., Breddermann Kunstharze - Onlineshop

for the dutch:
http://www.polyservice.nl/

Magnets:
Quadermagnete - magnet-shop.net

Foam(plastazote LD 45):
Coscraft Plastazote Foam
Unser Onlineshop

Spray Paints/primer:
RAL Colors for Spray paint guns:
Autolackierbedarf Shop->Autolack->RAL Farben Autolacke
Spray cans:
Spraydosen Shop - Spraydosen für Handwerk, Industrie und Hobby. Ihr Spezialist für Lackspraydosen

Latex,silicone:
Silikon-Kaufen Onlineshop
http://www.la-gum.de/fluessig_latex/uebersicht_fluessig_latex.htm

modelling Clay:
KOLB Künstler-Plastilin online kaufen bei gerstaecker.de 49000A - Gerstaecker Verlag GmbH

sintra:
Modulor:*FOREX CLASSIC PVC-HARTSCHAUMPLATTE, WEI <<Forex Hartschaumplatten <<Platten, Matten, Folien

Did i miss anything?
anything else you want to add, just post, i will edit.

Last edited:
Re: any germans have a good foam supply?

im not sure about the measurements on the foam thickness on that site. its either 2-3 mm or 2-3 cm, it doesnt state that right. either way, thats either to thin or to thick. i need something in the vacinity of 6-8 mm for making a suit, the 2 mm stuff is only for detailing :D but its a start, thx very much

Call them tomorrow and you wehre knowing it but i think its in mm.

isn't it strange that we Germans have to write English? :lol

so, does anyone of you awesome foam builders from germany, or even europe a good supplier that ships across europe?

I think I've seen some insulating panels that you install under your laminate flooring made out of some dense foam, comparable with a sleeping pad. But i have no idea how thick these panels were and if they were available in different thicknesses

Last edited:

Is there any cheap alternative to Elmers Glue in Germany?
i use holz und bastelkleber, its a pva glue, im not sure of the brand right now, but i used it on my power rangers helmet for sealing and on my dragonball scouter to harden it it worked just fine, for budget. also used it on some paper mache stuff

will add the brand tomorrow, im in bed now allready

google for "Plastazote LD45", it's the same Material used in the videos from xRobots.

This material is used for case building (music equipment, camera equipment etc.) or orthopedic shoes.

You can order it in this webshop, for example:

http://www.case-connection.de

about 13€/m² for 10mm and 7€/m² for 5mm

So i recently found this page that sells Moosgummi 1m*2m* 5mm/10mm
and its pretty cheap too. My order just arrived and the 5mm Moosgummi is just fine, the 10mm is like 15mm and i dont know how i could use that...but I'am open for suggestions.
The URL of the shop is https://www.raeer.com/shopexd.asp?id=16413
I ordered it at 21:00 on the 1st of march and it arrived today, so very fast delivery.

I'll add a picture shortly

here you go
20120303134343.jpg

Last edited:

I'll try the 5mm out and tell you how it turned out, it's a little soft.. that being said. How rigid has it to be?

EDIT:Just double checked the rigidness and i have to say that the 5mm foam is a little too soft. I'll probably send it back, since the other foam also isn't useable (15mm and not 10mm)

Last edited:

Jeah I have the same problem..
I heard that "Moosgummi" should be the same but in fact it is too elastic.
Also I tried some camping mats which should be made of EVA Foam but these mats are very expensive (2m about 25$).
Any other ideas for a german guy ?

I'll try Plastazote LD45 next, you can find it on ebay in the shop of case-connection.
I don't know if LD29 would be sufficient... that would be the half price of LD45.

Last edited:

i might have something on hand soon. a friend of mine told me about sound isolation to put under hardwood floors, that is made like camping mats, in 5 mm thickness. he has some at home and will bring me a sample, so i can check it out. i hope its the stuff we are all looking for

alternatively, you can buy the foam tiles in 10mm thickness in a pack of 6 at Bauhaus. its pricey tho, iirc

I tried some impact sound insulation mats (5mm) but unfortunately they were more like polystyrene than foam so they break very easy ...
Actually these mats are useless

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back