Link and Zelda: Skyward Sword - Photoshoot pics on Page 2!

Re: Link and Zelda: Skyward Sword

Alright, big question for all my EVA foam experts out there:

What's the best way to make beveled indentations in the foam that look like the triangular indentations in the the shield at the top and sides of the silver metal frame?:

the_legend_of_zelda_skyward_sword_conceptart_4Lu6F.jpg

I've tried my hot knife and different dremel attachments. But if there's a trick technique to this, I'd love to know -_-.

Re: Link and Zelda: Skyward Sword - EVA Foam question on pg.2!

Opening day of GARF was this past Saturday and we forgot to take our camera/ask our friends to take pictures -_-. That's ok though since I'm desperately wanting to replace my wig. I love the way I styled it, but it's definitely far too bright and I'd rather not keep hearing: "DUR HUR, THAT'S YELLOW!" -_-...

I also just said screw it on the beveled cut outs, and just burnt the designs into the foam. I need to keep cleaning the front of it, as GARF is incredibly dusty/sandy and the wind was blowing fairly hard on Saturday, so everything is covered in a layer of dust -_-.
380218_343851075662306_193671420680273_872267_1027617_n.jpg

I'm semi-happy with it. I'll more than likely redo it later as I don't think I got the shape as well as I thought I was going to, and it usually takes me a fail to make a right ;).

We'll be ordering new wigs, so hopefully we'll have photoshoot pictures soon!

You are very talented! And really pull off the part! Wig looks great too!

I'm suprised no one took a jab at your foam question... I may be a bit late, but her is what I can offer.

To achieve the indentation you see on the shield, there's no real trick to it.
You just need a sharp blade, a steady hand, some thick enough foam and a little of calculations to figure out the angle at which you can cut those out.

You'd be doing the exact same thing as it you wanted to cut such a shape for a raised detail... Usually 3 angled cuts should do the trick (one for each side of the triangle)... The trick here is to make sure your angles are right so you get a clean indentation - and as long as your foam is thick enough (something like the harbor freight anti-fatigue mats) you shouldn't have any problem.

Let me know if this is clear "enough" - if not, I'll try to dram something up.

ive used a pair of LONG scissors and cut down the edge at an angle then cleaned up with a box cutter then used a sanding sponge to get the edges. most of it is just a steady hand

LOL...dammnnnnnn.

Well I can always go back later! For right now, I'm pretty happy. If I so choose to completely reconstruct a new one, I'm taking these suggestions and running with them! I actually tried a variation of cutting it at an angle. I guess I should have just used a regular Excto and not my hot knife.

I absolutely PROMISE I'll have photoshoot pictures up by atleast the end of the month/beginning of May, as we're waiting for the Link wig to come in, and a darker golden blond wig for myself.

Also, thanks you two for the suggestions! And thank you OldKen!

I love this. I've been a huge Zelda fan since Ocarina of Time.
Probably going to make a sweet Link for next Megacon.

Omg, an update LOL.

No, but I really had to wait for a new wig to get here, along with Chris' Link wig. Did a photoshoot yesterday!

The harp is made from fun foam, wood and guitar strings! The gold belt is fun foam with wooden domed discs and chain links.

I'll have more later, for now, I present: Scumbag Zelda! Pushes Link off cliff; doesn't say sorry.
pushes_link_off_cliff__doesn__t_say_sorry_by_celticruins-d4yk3ir.jpg

skyward_sword__zelda_by_celticruins-d4ykdxl.jpg

the_hero_and_the_imprisoned_by_celticruins-d4yke4a.jpg

it__s_dangerous_to_go_alone_by_celticruins-d4ykecc.jpg

zelda_at_the_sealed_grounds_by_celticruins-d4yke26.jpg

young_romance_by_celticruins-d4ykehj.jpg

535232_355492751164805_193671420680273_899592_1608320543_n.jpg

528604_355492397831507_193671420680273_899590_42378749_n.jpg

574897_355491787831568_967240186_n.jpg

531441_355491957831551_193671420680273_899587_1457006811_n.jpg

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back