Limited Run Limited run! The Rocketeer (1991) helmet resin cast UPDATE: Not taking order at the moment

bummer6

UPDATE: Price has been lowered to $130 plus shipping

UPDATE: The first helmets are completed and are ready to be shipped! There are six helmets in total that are pretty much ready to go. More may be available at a later date if there's enough interest.

I'm planning to mold and cast the Rocketeer helmet that I recently made, so I figured some of you awesome people might be interested in buying a casting. The helmet will be cast in urethane resin and will come with tinted vacuum formed eye lenses made from 1mm thick PETG plastic.
The current plan is to cast 5 helmets, but if there's a lot of interest I'll consider making more.
I'm based in Sweden and I'll ship internationally, but shipping costs may vary depending on where the buyer is located.

The cost of the helmet is going to be $180 $130 plus shipping.

I'll be keeping a list of those interested. Message me if you have any questions.
1)PAULH (shipped)

here are the raw castings!
IMG_20220112_165630.jpg

IMG_20220112_165703.jpg

IMG_20220112_165538.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20211119_102220.jpg
    IMG_20211119_102220.jpg
    249.4 KB · Views: 186
  • IMG_20211119_102304.jpg
    IMG_20211119_102304.jpg
    220.9 KB · Views: 180
  • IMG_20211119_102322.jpg
    IMG_20211119_102322.jpg
    182.3 KB · Views: 178
  • IMG_20211119_102332.jpg
    IMG_20211119_102332.jpg
    220.4 KB · Views: 175
Last edited:
Hopefully it's alright if I bump this. Still looking for four more people. Will be keeping a close eye on the thread.

I'm interested !! (In the UK)
Looks great, I'm down for one!
Just wanna let you guys know that even though two sales wont exactly pay for the molding and casting process, I have bought all the materials and I've begun creating the mold. Basically what I'm saying is, it doesn't matter if no-one else shows interest, you will both be offered a helmet.
Thank you so much for your support. It makes me really happy knowing that there are people out there who wants something that I've put my blood, sweat and tears into. I'll do my absolute best to make sure the finished helmets meet and exceed your expectations!

Would you have any estimate of shipping cost to the US?
Since I don't have the helmets yet I can't really weigh them, but assuming a finished helmet weighs less than 2kg (a pretty fair assumption) the shipping cost to the US is going to be about 25 US dollars.

letting you all know that I've just made one half of the fiberglass mother mold and I've clayed up the opposite side, so it's ready for fiberglassing as well. The silicone will arrive next week and the urethane resin is in the same shipment.

Update on the helmet! First try was a bit of a fail, I'm afraid. Basically, my fiberglassing skills were clearly not up to snuff and I ended up with a bunch of cavities that when filled with silicone made it very, very hard to get the silicone mold out of the fiberglass, and there was no way I would be able to get it back in and get it to seat properly.
The silicone was also very thin in certain places to the point that there was actually a minor tear where the silicone was way too thin. I have ordered more silicone and stuff, so it's definitely not game over, but sadly it means things are gonna be a bit slower than I had hoped. Thank you for your patience!

Here's a picture of the failed mold. So close, yet so far
IMG_20211204_205001.jpg

Update on the helmet! First try was a bit of a fail, I'm afraid. Basically, my fiberglassing skills were clearly not up to snuff and I ended up with a bunch of cavities that when filled with silicone made it very, very hard to get the silicone mold out of the fiberglass, and there was no way I would be able to get it back in and get it to seat properly.
The silicone was also very thin in certain places to the point that there was actually a minor tear where the silicone was way too thin. I have ordered more silicone and stuff, so it's definitely not game over, but sadly it means things are gonna be a bit slower than I had hoped. Thank you for your patience!

Here's a picture of the failed mold. So close, yet so far
View attachment 1518971
Great work. It's all part of the process

Just a quick update!
I've managed to get a workable mold and I've tried to slush cast a bunch of helmets. So far I haven't really gotten anything that I would deem to be "good enough". All of the helmets so far have had some kind of flaw or defect, so I'm not comfortable sending them out as finished. I've run out of resin for now, so I'm waiting for more. I'm getting better at it, so I expect the next batch will be successful. For now, have some pictures of my failures and have a great holiday!
IMG_20211222_190559.jpg

IMG_20211222_192804.jpg

IMG_20211222_192813.jpg

IMG_20211222_192824.jpg

IMG_20211222_192834.jpg

New helmets are finished and turned out great! Switched to a different resin which ended up working way better.
There's now six helmets that are ready and there's still helmets that are unclaimed, so get yours today!

IMG_20220112_165538.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back