Limited Edition numbering?

stoods77

Hi all,
just wondering about the numbering of limited editions, is the lower the number the best or is the last one of the series the best? Or does it matter????

Also what's the deal about people keeping thier statues/dios in boxes and not putting them on display, isn't it what they're for? I don't think just having it sitting on display will wear it out, maybe I'm missing something here but it seems crazy to me.

One last thing, does anyone know if these two are the same model? They look similar the Narin one is impossible to find, the other is the Palisades. So I amwondering if Palisades bought the sculpt of Narin and redisigned it a little and changed the base(personally the Narin one is better).

DSC09303.JPG

This is a Narin sculpt

review_alien3_4.jpg

This is the Palisades Queen chestburster(i got mine today .....yay)

Any answers or opinioms would be appreciated

thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
When is come to collecting, the lower the number the better for long term value. Its also the same deal regarding keeping things in boxes. The less disturbed the item is from its brand spanking new condition, the more value it will retain in the long run.

Personally I dont collect anymore. Everything I get, I get to use. but thats just me. :)

When is come to collecting, the lower the number the better for long term value. Its also the same deal regarding keeping things in boxes. The less disturbed the item is from its brand spanking new condition, the more value it will retain in the long run.

Personally I dont collect anymore. Everything I get, I get to use. but thats just me. :)

Yup. he's right. Plus everything comes from a mold which eventually wears out from multiple castings.
The lower the number the better - more sharper & accurate details.
If you're going to buy anything that's "Limited Numbered Editions" its best to buy it pre-ordered early as possible. Don't wait until later when u get crap.
As always check for return policy if in case these people decide to give u rubbish as if you've never bought anything.

ok now I see, I didn't think about the whole mold thing, thanks. Silly me thought as far as painting goes, the higher the number the better, after painting lots of kits, the painters would have got the painting down pat. Live and learn. Lucky most of mine a fairly low: Sideshow Pred 1 Dio is #578/1750, Palisades Triumph full size Pred 2 #911/3000 Though my Palisades alien Queen chestburtster is #4259/4500, still looks really good though. And I have priority pre-ordered sideshow queen. I still think having them out on display is better though. I do keep the boxes, but that's only for transportation purposes for when I move.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back