Lightsaber Weathering

Propman42

Hello!

So I purchased an Ultimate Works RVS (Revan) saber a while back, and have been customizing it to make it my own. The hilt was very plain, and that made it the perfect choice for me, because of the wide opportunity for customization. I added some rubber o-rings, some stitched and tooled leather with Jedi runic inscription, and a paracord wrap for the grip. I also modified the covertec wheel to fit the grip wrapping, and added some customized knobs because I enjoy the look, and so I could have tool-less blade retention screws.

I'm now at the point where I'm happy with the overall look of the saber hilt, and it's time to weather it. So, on to my question;

What kind of paint/materials would you use for weathering? Acrylic? Oil? Something else? Normally I would just use acrylic paint, but I wonder how well it will stick to the smooth aluminum surface. I'm also a little worried about using anything that would cause the rubber bits to degrade prematurely. I want it to last. I'm also not sure what to do about weathering the paracord wrap. I want the weathering on the wrap to look natural, and I've never had to do weathering on paracord. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Attachments

• Saber_1.jpg
    Saber_1.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 227
  • Saber_2.jpg
    Saber_2.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 2,207
This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back