Lightsaber innards

BastianEstrella

Hello, all.

I´m looking to start designing and building my own custom lightsaber, right now I´m doing research, I´d love to do it as accurately as possible and I want to be able to take it appart and see the innards with the crystal an all that.

My problem is with the crystal istelf, it seems to be placed in two different locations, sometimes at the center others at the far side.

I might do a double bladed one so the question is does it have two crystals on the ends? one crystal at the center?

Any help would be appreciated.
images (2).jpg
images.jpg
images (6).jpg

images (7).jpg
images (5).jpg
images (3).jpg

(images taken from google)

There doesn't seem to be a lot of consistency with cutaway lightsabers. Hell, in The Last Jedi there were two different broken sabers.

I always go with the visual dictionaries as reference and use a lot of creative license.

Hello, all.

I´m looking to start designing and building my own custom lightsaber, right now I´m doing research, I´d love to do it as accurately as possible and I want to be able to take it appart and see the innards with the crystal an all that.

My problem is with the crystal istelf, it seems to be placed in two different locations, sometimes at the center others at the far side.

I might do a double bladed one so the question is does it have two crystals on the ends? one crystal at the center?

Any help would be appreciated.
View attachment 1091246View attachment 1091247View attachment 1091248
View attachment 1091249View attachment 1091250View attachment 1091251
(images taken from google)

Are you making an FX saber with lights and sound? Because that will change where you place your stuff. Are you making the completely from scratch or using an already made hilt?

Finally here's some great builders for some inspiration.

I myself am often inspired by Harp or Slothfurnace. RO makes some good looking chambers too.

keep in mind space constraints if you are doing FX. Batteries can often be covered in chrome tape and/or mesh to help make them look more integral to the chassis if you need.

Various metal tubing, and old hard drive or clock parts make for good looking chambers roo.

here is one I did out of some tubing, threaded rod, hard drive spindle parts, brass discs and brass rod:

0617A4D4-6756-43C6-B871-37F49B76FF06.jpeg

I also have watched Martin Sabers for a long time too

Last edited:
I'm planing on building everything from scratch, lights and sounds included, I have quite a bit of 18659 batteries that I may use and disguise them as the actual power source.

Thanks for linking those, that is truly inspiring by the way.

I'm still trying to decide if I will do a single or double bladed one.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back